1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Harden will demand a trade if Westbrook leaves the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Eddie Cecco, Oct 18, 2020.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He’ll be 36 the upcoming year. Plus he’s a 6’5 forward who can’t finish in the paint to save his life. I like the guy but if Harden is gone this guy should be traded ASAP. They will have no use for him.

2. fattz

fattz Member

This is a Rockets created thing. He was given to much power so why wouldn’t he act like this. It works so he will try. When it doesn’t he will stop.

3. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

With you some of the way. The Warriors do it because of their timeline. Who wouldn’t do it to if they were the Warriors? They could also move Thompson to small forward. For us, it’s about reclaiming some of our future on a then reclaimed future using the picks that we could extract. A third and fourth team could be involved if necessary. There would be a mountain of demand for Harden, and rightfully so. What we’d like to hear is, what exactly are those other pieces that can be moved to the betterment of our team? I think that’s where we’re not seeing eye to eye, but we’d love to hear your ideas.

4. jevjnd

With you some of the way. The Warriors do it because of their timeline. Who wouldn’t do it to if they were the Warriors? They could also move Thompson to small forward. For us, it’s about reclaiming some of our future on a then reclaimed future using the picks that we could extract. A third and fourth team could be involved if necessary. There would be a mountain of demand for Harden, and rightfully so. What we’d like to hear is, what exactly are those other pieces that can be moved to the betterment of our team? I think that’s where we’re not seeing eye to eye, but we’d love to hear your ideas.

Apologies for double posting. It was due to the browser.

5. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

It's not even whether or not Lucas is a good coach. I don't think he is, for the record, but that's less important. People want change and as someone from the old regime Lucas doesn't represent change. Promoting Lucas feels like trying to go with something we just watched fail another time. Also, Lucas is already on the staff. If Tillman were so inclined we could have a new coach AND Lucas at the same time. A lot of us want a more creative offense and Lucas doesn't feel like he'd bring that cause if he did, it probably should've happened already.

D-rock likes this.
  6. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's all a moot point anyway because no one would trade for Westbrook.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

They should trade him even if Harden stays. He is useless regardless.

8. jevjnd

Agreed. As someone mentioned earlier, Harden should be first, he may otherwise tank his value. Westbrook should also only go if it’s worth it, otherwise just ride it out. Don’t attach anymore added value for the sake of contracts.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm there with the both of you in that I would rather see what we can get for him on the trade market then to wait and have a stand off next summer, of which I am confident we'd end up with nothing because he'll sign elsewhere. PJ will always have a place in Rockets history but if we can get a heavily protected 1st rounder or multiple 2nd rounders or a combination of draft pick and young player I'd trade him without hesitation.

Gray_Jay and Ramo$e like this.
  10. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

trading your best player in his prime and top 3 star in the league for scrubs with no good Star player in return and wiggans is not that lol is not an option. This team is not the pelicans with AD. Again the move is unacceptable unless necessary and if that were to occur the demand needs to be higher than scrubs and potentials. Im not one of those guys wasting time with creating trades thats not my job. I dont get paid to think of trade packages. Gordon, house, even covington can be part of potential deals. Again stop panicking.

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. jevjnd

How much of that prime is left and what could realistically be gotten for those players without picks to add to the pot? The second overall pick isn’t a random scrub.

12. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

i said potential #lonzo ball

13. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Well, you talked about being better when it matters most. I assume you mean getting further than Harden has gotten us, which would be the finals since he's taken the team to the conference finals twice, and semifinals other years.

If you just want to play the right way we can trade for a traditional Spurs-like roster but it will have the same fate as the current Spurs without a superstar. Unless, you're trading Harden for the handful of players better than him or that have potential to be, you will be worse off. In fact, you may even be dooming the team to MORE years of mediocrity by postponing the inevitable drop in wins that takes us back to the lottery.

Patience likes this.
  14. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Nope. Lamelo will be a star

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So Harden either wastes the rest of his career next to Westbrook ensuring they never go anywhere, or he demands to be traded if the albatross that is Westbrook gets dumped? Is that what we're hearing?

Jontro likes this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Potential as of now. People said the same of lonzo.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

2021 -- Top 4 protected
    2022 -- still own
    2023 -- still own
    2024 -- Top 4 protected (OKC gets two 2nd rounders, instead)
    2025 -- Top 10 protected
    2026 -- Top 4 protected (OKC gets one 2nd rounder, and $1mm cash, instead)

if pick falls outside those protected ranges:

2021 -- Still get Pick, but least favorable of 5-30 (with OKC and MIA)
    2024 -- lose pick to OKC
    2025 -- Still get Pick, but 11-30 swap with OKC
    2026 -- lose pick to OKC

Will, D-rock, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is not Hakeem and we traded Hakeem....you trade Russ....don't give 2 ***** for what Harden says and if he pouts you trade him too.

This is what happens when you make the ****ING STUPID trade for Westbrook in the first place, and i GUARAN****INGTEE you that this is why Morey is out of here....he wants nothing to do with cleaning up Fertitas mess......Morey didn't want to be the clown in the circus with the shovel following behind the elephants...

DD

19. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Lonzo doesn't have Lamelos scoring potential and elite ball handling to go with the rest of his all around game. Plus Lonzo will continue to improve..hes 22

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sadly, we'll have to trade Harden while his value is high.

When we do, we'll be left like the Thunder, with MVP Russ stuffing stats and possibly eeking us to the playoffs. Until someone stupid like NY comes in and offers us picks and young guys for his (already) depleting skill set.

Thanks Tilman and your spoiled brats that you've raised. WE SUCK AGAIN!

Crashlanded19 likes this.