1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Source: Gary Kubiak's job in serious jeopardy

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Nov 12, 2013.

1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cush said yesterday that he will be 100% by Jan, Feb.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

We're 2-7. We shouldn't be penciling in anyone as automatic wins. The horrid jags are only 1 game behind us. We are literally a couple of plays away from being the worst team in the league.

3. basketballholic

That would be justified. It is pretty cold-blooded to take locker room talk about the coaching out to the media. Ed was a disaster here. He deserved to be turned loose and be turned lose in a cold-blooded manner.

That doesn't mean the coaching is good or the front office is not at fault. But Ed earned his release and he earned his release in whatever cold-blooded fashion it was executed.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I hope you're right. Just saying, we've seen this movie before. We know the talent level is superior to the record (although with the injuries, not by as much). This, historically, is the point in a Kubiak season where the Texans roll off three or four low-pressure wins in a row to give false hope going forward.

I hope it doesn't happen, because I want the higher draft pick and I want Kubiak out. I'm just saying, it's a very real possibility and we need to do all we can not to fall for false hope, should it occur.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm with you. I really wish JJ Watt would take the rest of the season to take care of like a broken pinky or something.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yup. It's going to take more effort than people think for this group to lose to the Raiders/Jags.

There was a point this year, in the middle of Schaub-gate, where the Texans went full quit and were horrible... that was the 49ers/Rams games. That team could lose to anyone. But since then? They've lost three games by 1, 3 and 3 points... all against teams with winning records, two against division leaders and two on the road. They're battle fighting, to use Gary's favorite expression, and my gut tells me they win three of the next four. Would love to be wrong, because if this team goes on a bit of a run with Keenum, it gives McNair an opening...

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

This is true, and I agree, but we also were only a couple of plays from winning several games so it's hard to judge at this point, past our ability to find a way to lose in general.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I hope JJ understands that things can completely turn around in 1 season in this league. Look at the chiefs.

I hope all of our (good) players keep their heads up and don't get too discouraged about this season. The handwriting is pretty much on the wall right now. Kubiak is gone after this season. JJ, AJ, Case, Duane....hang in there. Things are going to get better once Kubiak is gone.

9. Nook

Nook Member

They know that things can turn around quickly in the NFL. I think it will come down to money and confidence that the owner can and will choose smart people to take over.

10. Grinds

Grinds Member

My biggest fear is they fire Kubiak, only to promote Wade. Wade is a career underachiever and not a leader of men on the level a HC should be. He's the defensive version of Kubiak.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If Wade's defense continues as is, there is really no reason to "promote" him or even keep him on as DC, unless the team feels it will be going into a full rebuild mode (thereby negating whoever is the head coach).

I'm hoping he simply "retires".

12. vince

vince Member

The mark of a great coach is he should be able to outcoach you with the same players. so what is to be said of a coach who is putting up numbers and consitently having his team lose? but that he was outcoached.

When inferior talent gets the win, it is apparent how much coaching and strategy comes into play.

With a better coaching strategy, the Texans should be sitting on at worst a 7-2 record.

Talent did not mask inferior coaching ability. Which is sad because it is so easy to root for the Gary Kubiacs of the world.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Man, if we had won the last two games........

We could have gotten on a roll, and come playoff time, the possibility of a Cush return. Boost to the defense.

Anyways.....

Texans, please tank. Get rid of the coaching staff, and draft Clowney please.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Just in time for our Super Bowl run

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They're going to suck next year regardless - if Wade iss the caretaker while they rebuild, maybe better than besmirching the new coach with a nice 5-win start.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

His defense is allowing 280 yards/game. His defense is doing pretty well. What can you do when the offense throws so many pick 6s or fumbles the ball so they other team has an easy time scoring.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Not what the local media and TEAM TEXANS will be spewing.

1. There will be some washed up 65 year old career football man brought in to "evaluate" the team for some absurd amount of money (Shottenheimmer? Brian Billick?) that will tell "Bob" to fire everyone and hire a retread or assistant coach that has some connection to the "evaluator".

2. Bob will hire Mike McCoy or Vic Fangio as their head coach (Cowher and Gruden are too expensive).

3. The local media will be granted lots of interviews and the "love affair" will begin and we will hear how the Texans are Super Bowl bound. Giff Nielsen will be unpacked from moth balls and "Hey Hey Jack" will be brought back but be called "Hey Hey Vic" and when things don't go well everyone will blame Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak.

4. The Colts will get a strangle hold on the division for the next 5 years and the Jaguars will start abusing the Texans every year.

5. McNair will have his boys begin taking over the day to day operation of the team, and they will be head asking their figure head GM what "zone blocking" means in the hallway before a press conference.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

1 game out from #1 pick with only 1 team to catch OR 3 games back from last wildcard berth and 9 teams to catch...

the choice is so obvious.

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

This. I hate to keep hearing people downing the D or saying they suck, cause that is not the case. They have played top notch for most of every game. Even on the scoring drives they stopped the other team, but end up getting a bogus penalty (pass interference, personal foul, etc.) which extended the drive or put the other team in scoring position. Most of those calls were questionable, especially when I see Dre and Hopkins getting mugged with no call, or a late hit on our QB with no call. The offense sucking for the majority part of the game and the questionable penalties have been our downfall, and that is not on Wade.