1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source close to Westbrook believe he was made out to be a scapegoat for Houston's playoff meltdown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Dec 4, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

it would have never happened with certain organizations. Imagine that happening with the heat.... it wouldn’t. I disagree there were others also because they had bands that tracked where they go. She went where she wasn’t supposed to be and got flagged. There no way they would allow certain players do that and not others and still have anyone respect the integrity of the league. Someone would have called them out on it. They took the bubble very seriously and were very transparent in all things. House was just an undisciplined idiot.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Hey, a sports news article with some truth to it :)

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

my god you’re an idiot...in no universe did Harden “suck”

either u don’t watch games, or you’re a casual who doesn’t understand what’s happening when u actually do watch

D-rock likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh you mean years back when he was a much worse shooter? I mean that's pretty logical I'd say

ok cool. Ill keep that in mind when playoffs start. The games before you actually get eliminated don't matter. now that's a fresh take from cf's

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

The TRUTH is that the Rockets WON!!!!

The only one upset by THAT seems to be you!

So much so that you are gaslighting yourself into thinking the outcome was anything but a victory for the Rockets.

Come back to earth brother.

NotInMyHouse, AroundTheWorld and HP3 like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

What you are saying is not true though. You can’t be a first ballot HOF if those things were true.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

Correction, those two ideas aren't automatically NOT mutually exclusive.... We aren't talking about the time during Harden's first non rookie contract.... We have 8 seasons of NBA basketball to go by.

And unfortunately don't have much room to add another proven/current star/superstar and have to hope we uncover one while operating with limited cap space.

Sometimes these things just don't work.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Because Westbrook wasn't the difference between winning and losing. He was the difference between losing and losing badly.

9. riko

riko Member

He rebounds the ball well and gets in the open court where he does his damage. He gets his assists by dominating the ball but he also plays recklessly , commits a lot of turnovers and is a detriment to winning basketball. A great athlete masquerading as a basketball player.

Dude is like the Tasmanian devil with a basketball.

AroundTheWorld and alethios like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

What are you talking about? The OKC series ended up being a coin flip.

11. dmoneybangbang

Yes, the won the coin flip. That seems like a team going places.....

No... there you go again putting words in my mouth. It's very off putting and please don't do that.

Im here brother.... got a nice place by the lake. You should come over to Reality Lake , water is nice.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He was to blame, so not a scapegoat, that implies blame was unwarranted.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

plenty of great athletes have been in the league. Hardly any are first ballot HOFs

Obviously he can do plenty that others cannot.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's the correct take. No one GAF about game 1 when it's game 7. Winning game 7 is all that matters at that point.

What were Kawhi's game 2 stats against the Nuggets? Game 3? Does anyone care? Really?

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why blame him when we wouldn’t win anyway ? It’s pointless

16. finsraider

finsraider Member

maybe. I don’t know. I’ve seen the league play favorites on lots of different stuff over the years.

no question house was an idiot. Also, I believe he is or was married with kids, so triple idiot.

17. riko

riko Member

I said what he does well. He rebounds the ball well and gets in the open court. However his reckless turnovers, Poor decision making, horrendously bad shooting and defense will never equate to wining basketball. It is what it is. He is elite at what he does but you can’t win anything with him as the lead dog.

No shame on that

18. dmoneybangbang

It's what happens when a stay-cation occurs during a major trade.....

Speaking of what a life.... You joined 4/12 and have ~31k posts. You get outside much? :p

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That's because OKC wasn't a bad team. Not by record or any metrics.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's a absolutely dumb take. if this is so correct then why did cp3 get all the flack for game 6 when game 7 he stepped up. Even I can say he didn't have a good game 6. But hey it didn't matter apparently. The new norm. All playoff games don't matter until that game you get eliminated. how utterly stupid

HP3 likes this.