1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thanks Aleron,

I set it up on an excel worksheet so it's easy to plug in the changes.

I think the league actually projected the same salary cap at 58,044,000 so I want to crunch the numbers again for a worst case scenario.

2. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

I'm quite happy discussing Dwight and off-season scenarios. I guess I wasn't around for the first let down but I'm really not the type of person to get let down anyway. It's not the end of the world if we don't get Dwight, I'm really happy with the team if there were no changes, Dwight and whoever else are just bonuses. I've learnt a lot about how the CBA operates, that's the best part of the discussion for me.

I guess if you are sick of discussing Dwight then you don't need to participate in the discussion, you could start another thread about whatever you like.

3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UUTx4_gUcUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Wow. Dwight is pretty bad at disguising his hand. All other stars just stay away from interviews when they're free agents.

Listen to what he says about D'Antoni and his desire to win, and it sure sounds like he's gone.

Everyone in LA is hanging their hat on the Jeannie Buss Phil Jackson power play, but honestly HOW do you depose an owner? It doesn't just magically happen like it does in the movies. This isn't a publicly traded company, so there's no voting to be had. Barring psychologic breakdown on the part of Jim Buss, he's keeping his seat.

6. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thanks for posting that. Wish they had a video of him actually answering the questions. Body language and voice would tell a lot more than written words. But from reading the story, he's seriously considering other options outside of LA which means Houston's in with a good chance.

8. roksoer

roksoer Member

He kinda looks annoyed by the guy.

Also obligatory MILF alert!

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

or D'Antoni may get fired if Jeanie moves up the ladder.

oh the suspense.

man, i'll be really disappointed if we don't land him.

10. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

That guy was an annoying douchebag

11. youngduck

youngduck Member

mayb he dislikes kobe now. good.

12. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

If Morey lands no one in free agency this off-season why should any Rockets fan be disappointed. Harden, Parsons, Asik, Lin, Beverly, TJ, etc. are not garbage. We have a good team here.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Just a guess, but he hates the fact that the owners and head coach aren't going to reel Kobe in. Ha, no coach can reel in Kobe, not even Phil.

14. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

I dont know if this is an on-running series and they are both supposed to be playfully mean but I think the guy and his daughter both come off a bit dickish in this.

15. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Good, I hope the LA Media continues to piss him off so we can get an even better shot.

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Man Howard seems sensitive and looks like he gets upset by negative comments. I think we should try to be ultra supportive and encouraging. If he is getting the opposite vibe from Houston fans then LA fans it may do more then we think.

Like if he thinks we are just going to be appreciative no matter what and support him that might mean as much as anything

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Big time.

18. rocketblood713

lol he didn't really say much but he also didn't give Lakers fans hope that hes coming back but if he looks at his facebook TL he'll leave for sure they were going at him last night lol .....does our city smell like fart ???? lol

19. basketballholic

Yes, it's intentional sarcasm wit on the part of the journalist. His daughter is just a knock-off of his personality. I like it. And Dwight didn't mind it. He knows the guy.

20. rocketblood713

them people did a terrible job of trying to keep him in LA :grin::grin: