1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

We're also talking about the owner that failed on Deron Williams after planning his pitch for over a year, even with Deron being from his own backyard.

That's what will really crush the Mavs' chances, imo. Realistically, Dallas will be offering the same thing as the Lakers -- a lower-tier playoff team in 2014 and asking Dwight to trust them to bring in additional help when they have more money (Dirk's paycut, etc.) next summer. But how can Dwight trust Cuban on that "plan" when less than a year ago, he swung and missed in grand fashion?

At one point, Cuban had a mystique... but Deron rejecting him (after breaking up a championship team to try and sign him) took a lot of it away.

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

How many game do win win next year if we are playing...

Howard/Asik
    Jones/Motie/Parsons
    Parsons/Garcia
    Harden/Reddick
    Lin/Bev

And we don't have any crazy injuries.... I .would say 56 and 26

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

How on earth would we afford Reddick? Delusion forum.

4. slestack11

slestack11 Member

I think this team wins 56 games. Good enough for the 4/5 matchup like the Clippers last year. Hell, they may even play the Clippers in the first round next year if they have this team. But Francisco Garcia is not likely going to be re-signed. And I don't think Reddick will be on the team either. And, Asik will probably be traded if they get Howard. Don't you guys still have Cole Aldrich as a backup center?

5. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

75 easy. And that is probably short by 5-7.

6. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Allen of CSN tweeted....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Rockets">#Rockets</a> Chandler Parsons a nice draw at the tri-star collectable show. I spoke to him before his autograph session about Dwight Howard...</p>&mdash; Allen Reid (@Allen_Reid) <a href="https://twitter.com/Allen_Reid/status/340929551267926016">June 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tell us more. :mad:

1 person likes this.
  7. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Parsons on Howard: "I'm just a voice here for him...any questions he has about Hou he can come to me...I'd love to play with him."</p>&mdash; Allen Reid (@Allen_Reid) <a href="https://twitter.com/Allen_Reid/status/340930493480595457">June 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Parsons: "...anything I can help do to get him here,to help him feel comfortable about the city, staff or organization I'll do that..."</p>&mdash; Allen Reid (@Allen_Reid) <a href="https://twitter.com/Allen_Reid/status/340931393607585792">June 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Parsons on Howard: "...we are definitely communicating a lot.</p>&mdash; Allen Reid (@Allen_Reid) <a href="https://twitter.com/Allen_Reid/status/340931703721848832">June 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Cool, thanks, sounds good. Parsons and Harden communicating. Rumors saying Howard wants to play with Asik. Video of Lin and Dwight in Taiwan. Definitely good signs.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Lets say no one is giving morey what he wants for t-rob. Is it possible to sign howard for 3 million less in his first year and give him the full max in other years?

I dont think it is, but maybe im wrong.

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I don't remember the exact percentages, but you can only get said percentage more than the year before. So, no..

11. Raven

Raven Member

No one knows what's bouncing around in Dwight's head, but it's probably Lakers or Rockets. How could Dallas or Atlanta be anything more than long shots?

12. jocar

jocar Member

Dallas 1.2 million
    San Antonio 1.4 million
    Houston 2.1 million

Not sure about "ghost town", but something about Dallas seems so artificial every time I'm there. Maybe it's just in my mind cuz I don't like Cuban and the Mavs.

Parsons being the team's greatest ambassador once again. Team captain.

13. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Parsons signed with Fegan .....it's just a ploy to get close to Dwight. :grin:

14. jocar

jocar Member

Smith with 15 FG attempts per game.
    Bang 15.5
    Beard 19.2

He's ranked #21 in FG% among SF's @ .433
    Parsons #15 @ .452

Bottom line: Parsons @ SF ftw.
    If Smith=Dwight........
    then Smith=PF.....

Shooting Efficiency
    [​IMG]

Not as much of a chucker as described. He even beats K-Love in TS, 2pt, eFG and 3pt %'s.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

love came back early with a broken shooting hand that he re-injured, taking his %'s this year is disingenuous.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Ummm....what are you talking about? :confused: Dallas is packed as hell and traffic is horrible there. Dallas is right behind Houston in job creation since the economy tanked.

17. jocar

jocar Member

Ur right, I wasn't thinking. But my chucker point still stands

18. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

LALiveOfficial ‏@LALiveOfficial 20h
    @DwightHoward spotted eating at local restaurant with Chandler Parsons and other members of the Houston Rockets. pic.twitter.com/JxuiOjHB4U

[​IMG]

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I don't think Dwight will have his mind made up until right before he signs. I will say this, however - I don't care what happens when it's all said and done (really I do...I really want Dwight here), but my God, this is making me love this team. You can't say we didn't try our hardest.

Everything that's going on right now is great for this team, regardless of whether Howard comes here or not. You've got the Rockets in the news. You've got leaders stepping up. You've got sports networks talking about Houston being a great up and coming team, and hyping up Harden, Parsons, Lin, and Asik. We don't even know what Morey's doing - besides trying to get rid of TRob.

It's like Morey told the team - Hey, you guys go recruit Dwight. I can't talk to him, and I've got a draft to prepare for anyways.

Just great stuff.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This has to be a done deal about now.

I don't think the Lakers are even trying...and this is before the official visit where he will get his own iPad.