1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That's what I was saying last offseason, but then he came in and had an improved shot this past year. Let's just hope he continues to improve.

2. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It's called the ignore list brah

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

6. MoreyPick

MoreyPick Member

[​IMG]

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

I got to admit, I was a pretty big doubter in cyberx, like many people on here. I apologize cyberx, it turns out you actually are legit. With all of these reports coming from ESPN and what not that are actually confirming your claim about Rockets feeling good about their chances, I have no choice but to believe your sources.

Thanks for letting us in on it weeks before the public.

8. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

It's about time for an update, Cyberx!

9. rocketblood713

Im worried about ATL if they land Cp3 Dwight Howard might be going to ATL and team up with him so I hope Clippers fix that with CP3

10. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Atlanta doesn't have the tax savings as Texas does. Hopefully that could be a swaying factor.

11. rocketblood713

hope your right cause CP3 and Howard talked about teaming up before

12. basketballholic

Atlanta doesn't have James Harden.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Paul/Harden/Parsons/Howard would be so awesome. Plug in a young PF prospect. (Jones!) and you are good to go. It may take a year of playing together before we compete.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I think I've literally seen at least one post by him on every page of every thread. It's good though. He's helping guide discussion.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

can someone tell me what's dwight's incentive to go to dallas? what are they offering him that HOU isn't?

IMO, dallas shouldn't even be considered as a serious choice.

16. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Until Dallas makes the move to free up cap space to sign Dwight outright, I don't consider them serious.

Writers like to throw these other teams out there to cover their behinds.

I think it's really out of Houston and LA at the moment.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Best owner in sports.

18. slestack11

slestack11 Member

When are the season tickets renewal deadlines for the Rockets? I had to pay up for next years Clippers in April right before the playoffs started and the Lakers did the same thing. Maybe I should have asked for a opt-out clause pending CP3 renewal too. A lot of times, they make press announcements about players that will be coming in to be aligned with season ticket renewal dates.

19. slestack11

slestack11 Member

For some reason, Dallas is considered the big city in Texas...maybe because of the Dallas Cowboys or the TV show in the 80's, but doesn't Houston have a larger population? Well, I've been to Dallas/Ft. Worth recently for work and, man, I was shocked at how much it resembles a ghost town. It's like a bunch of suburban sprawl connected by desolate emptiness filled with tumbleweeds. The economy must have really hit that place hard in recent years. Anyway, Dwight Howard just needs to ask Lamar Odom about life in Dallas and he will be scared off in a hurry. Odom was almost on suicide watch living in that city for less than even a year. Or maybe it was having to live in Dallas with Khloe Kardasian that was the double whammy.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That may have mattered in the old CBA - but now we're talking about the owner who let Tyson Chandler go in a money saving move and thwarted any chance of the Mavs repeating. Even Nowitski seems disgruntled.