1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Given the part of the world Pekovic is from, Pek, and brutally.

2. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Cool, 2010, so they were both going to Yao's charity event? Wonder what they did on the court.

1 person likes this.
  3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

It looks like the tensile strength in Pekovic's neck is extremely high.
    A headlock probably wouldn't work. I imagine the head butt would be a weapon for Pekovic.

Dwight's pretty fast and agile though. His shoulder's could do some damage if he body slam's (or clotheslines) Pekovic off the ropes, or a flying slam from the top rope.

Difficult to say who would be victorious. If Dwight can avoid Pekovic's death grip and stay on the outside he might just have the stamina to outlast Pekovic.

1 person likes this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Dwight has an amazing athlete's physique but Pek would destroy him.

1 person likes this.
  5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Come on, dude? I'm trying to have fun here, why did you have to ruin it?

1 person likes this.
  6. MoreyPick

MoreyPick Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Really dude screw you for posting that huge picture

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

1 person likes this.
  9. Aleron

He'll get to spend lots of time fishing over the next few years if he stays in lakers gear :p

2 people like this.
  10. Allenn

Allenn New Member

In this corner last week, we wrote about former Cavs general manager Danny Ferry's summer of 2005 when he went into free agency armed with what was then an NBA record $28 million in salary-cap space.

This summer, Ferry could have a staggering $38 million in cap space, as he will totally reshape the Hawks.

The Hawks' main target is Lakers center Dwight Howard, a native of Atlanta.

A source said if Howard is going to leave the Lakers, Houston might be his final destination.
    http://news-herald.com/articles/2013/05/18/sports/nh6942262.txt?viewmode=fullstory

11. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

so... anyone still questioning cyberx credibility? LOL

12. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

To be honest, at the start when cyberx posted this, I was uncertain as to his credibility because ALL the things he was saying was just what I thought from doing a bit of media research, fan forums and social media.

His latest post that said, "Houston will sign Dwight Howard straight up. No plans for moving Asik. His trade value will keep... "

Then I really thought this guy was a joker as I and many others here have already worked out that there's not going to be S&T with LA and Houston were going to play Asik / Howard twin towers combo (at least try it out first).

But now with the CBS report and NBA Insider and other media reports basically saying the same thing, I'm convinced that cyberx is credible (or maybe I'd like to believe because I guessed correctly).

13. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

If you referring to the meeting between Jeremy & Dwight, it wasn't arranged. My question is how in the world did Dwight even know about Jeremy. This was definitely before Linsanity and I noticed Dwight was the first to call out to Jeremy and asked him how he was doing?

14. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

Whatever happens, I predict yet another Dwightmare.

15. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Jeremy was a known NBA player long before Linsanity hit, mostly because he was the first American player of full Asian descent since the 1950's (and one of the few Asians, period). It's hard to miss the guy when he's sitting on the opposing team's bench - it would be natural to ask who he is, etc. He rarely played, but we all know that story.

16. Aleron

it was from last year's offseason, after Linsanity....

That's why cameras are trying to mug him.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Reading Lakersground right now is oh so hilarious.

18. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

From the CBS article:

word already has spread to multiple levels of his support staff that Howard re-signing with the Lakers is far from a done deal.

How many levels of support staff does a player have? You'd think he's a corporation or something!

This kind of word makes this news story very suspicious don't you think?

19. Aleron

is it that bad? i usually only visit it once every few weeks to keep my sanity in check.

20. Aleron

You'd be surprised, he had something like 6 people at his training session with Hakeem.

Most decently paid nba players have 3 or 4 with them at all times (take a look at the james harden/kris humphries foot locker commercial), at least and that says nothing about other stuff.