1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

For the record: I believe cyberx is full of it. He has many inconsistencies in his post history, and Clutch has not vouched for him, don't know where anyone got that idea. I believe he vaguely posts things we have all speculated already, and leaves enough room for error to cover his tracks. He also changed his story on where/who he worked for.

That being said, the fact that Dave2000 vouches for him (to what degree I do not know, does he just know him or can he confirm that CX is an insider?), and that his threads do not get closed do piqué my curiosity. I do not intend to call him names, chastise him or demand clarification, I just want you fellow fans to go over his post history and come to your own conclusions. My frustrations do not lie with him, just the thought that if he is lying, a large number of us are being made the fool. That's not cool with me. Just my two cents.

2. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Can't tell if serious or dumb.

No I can tell, never mind :rolleyes:

3. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Really?

He sure wasn't telling Rockets fans what they wanted to hear (the majority of them anyway) when he was going AGAINST the large majority in saying Dwight was NOT coming here at the deadline last summer.

Even in THIS thread - he says "Dwight's agent DOES NOT want him to come here and feels their management can't put together a championship team".

And, also says "Dwight and Fegan BOTH STILL WANT BROOKLYN"...

He even mentions Atlanta as a long shot, but that Dwight's relationship with his father is on the mend and it could play a factor.

I don't get where anything he says in the initial post is any type of "guarantee" or "great news". Some of it we KNOW and knew... but, it's slightly more detailed and simply gives some insight to SOME of Dwight's thinking.

But, it's certainly not "ALL GOOD" and by no means gives any indication that Dwight Howard will be a member of the Houston Rockets next year.

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Sounds like Morey needs to go ahead and blow Dan Fegan

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Thanks cyberx.

I think I also so this on one of the Lakers exit interview (maybe Kupchak). They want Dwight to make an early decision so if he doesn't sign, they can get in early and make some moves because its a game changer.

Dwight hesitating with resigning with the Lakers (such a storied franchise) indicates his hearts not in it. Longer he takes, more chance the Rockets have I reckon.

As an insider, do you know anything about the JRudolf quote that said "If Howard doesn't resign, he's going to Houston."

JRudolf was formerly in the Howard camp, his kind of spokesman I believe.

If the quote is true... it rules out the Atlanta scenario.

Anyways, thanx again for your information, much appreciated.

6. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

He doesn't want to be Shaq 2.0; Magic --> Lakers.

7. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

I do recall some discrepancy with who he works for - or maybe it was what he does exactly.

Still, even though I was skeptical, there was enough stuff that made sense after everything went down that made me believe he has SOME type of access to some information that most don't.

The "matter of fact" type of attitude when he declared Chicago wasn't matching - claiming Morey texted him no less - was pretty bold.

While I don't feel he's "an insider" (has direct access to players themselves) I do feel he can at times obtain, overhear, see, etc. certain things that go on behind the scenes and between some major players (i.e. agents, GM's, etc).

But, I understand your concerns.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

I would have to agree with Rudolph... I would say 65% Lakers 33% Rockets 2% elsewhere.

9. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

The guy who bragged about getting into Devry and tried to sell used hair gel on clutchfans is talking bad about Clutchfans (GlenRice).

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Just curious -- if Dwight is so frustrated with the Lakers, doesn't care that much about the extra year and is impressed by the Houston pitch -- why is LA twice as likely to get him? Is Fegan's word that important?

It seems like he's a pretty significant stumbling block, if everything you said is true and the Rockets are still a sizable underdog.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Rudolph and Dwight are boys... Real close

12. AJS2518

AJS2518 Member

Hope it's true, but too early to tell with free agency less than two months away

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

He likes his teammates, he likes living in LA, he likes the history, he wants to be an actor...

He also wants to repair his image and not do this crap again.

14. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

now I'm hyped!

15. The Cat

I agree. Did you read Rudolph's RealGM column? He basically shredded the case for Dwight returning to LA. Torched it point by point. If you read that column in a vacuum, you'd think Dwight was 99% set on Houston.

Given that and what you said about Dwight's personal feelings, it seems hard to reconcile those with Houston being the clear underdog... unless Fegan's solely driving the bus. Is that the case? Not doubting you; as I said, I trust you after last summer... just genuinely curious.

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

Dwight has said he is being "pulled in different directions" by everybody...

17. The Cat

I could see the latter three; not sure I understand the "teammates" part. They're all going to be gone beyond 2014, anyway, and obviously they're not contending for a title next year. So I'm not sure why that would be a big deal to him. Hopefully that sinks in over the next two months.

18. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Could you help pull him towards Houston, by chance?:grin:

19. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Best post in this thread.

There's just no way of knowing anything, this early.

MAKE THIS THREAD
    SAY DWIGHT HAS A 65 PERCENT CHANCE OF STAYING IN LA ANYWAY

Dwight resigns, that was the most likely scenario, anyway. We all know this

Dwight comes to Houston, see, told y'all. Even though again, we all know this was a legit possibility for awhile now.

1 person likes this.
  20. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Could you post the link?

Thanks