1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Awesome. Thanks gramps! :rolleyes:

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

You mean you loved that you were getting attention so you came back for more?

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That could be it unknowingly. But also tv sucks these days, especially with no rockets. I've seen most good tv series; really need something new to watch. Just finished Justified; always thought it would be a stupid show but loved it. Really good stuff. Zipped through it.

4. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Go away Zoplicone
    Don't blow our dream

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hey now. I really want Dwight here too. Don't love the guy as a person, and will sure miss asik, but there is no denying we're better with dwight. Keeping both would be nice, but I doubt we would.

6. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Well then you should find entertainment in the insider info being presented by OP

7. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Zoplicone as others have repeatedly stated in this thread Clutch has vouched for Cyberx's authenticity.

Given Clutch has given his approval (which is more than apparent given cyberx's posts haven't been deleted) are you saying Clutch is not being on the up and up here?

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha I am.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

the way i see it now...
    Howard either stays in L.A or He escapes L.A

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

At first I was like...

WHAT?? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I read the name of the OP "cyberx"

Aww. Damn. No.

1 person likes this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha are you trying to get me to bad mouth clutch to get me banned? I don't know what clutch said about cyberx and can't tell you why he said it.
    All I can tell you is I think anyone claiming to have insider info like the one posted in the original post is speculating obvious info, being misinformed, or is just claiming to have insider info and baiting people into thinking he gets this insider information. I don't know cyberx personally so I apologize if i came off as accusing him of being a fraud, as I can't be 100 % sure that someone hasn't duped him. However, I still stand by stating that the original post is complete BS.

13. basketballholic

DAN FEGAN

The biggest reason Dwight is not a Rocket already. The biggest reason why Hakeem went to Toronto. The biggest reason why McHale agreed to a handshake deal with Joe Smith that cost the TWolves something like 5 first round draft picks and also cost them Kevin Garnett for a career as they were so hamstrung to rebuild they couldn't do it without trading Garnett.

Dan Fegan
    He got Hakeem $18 million to fool around in Toronto for 1 season. The pretense was "Hakeem saw an opportunity to win another ring."

The truth was Fegan saw an opportunity to get some extra cash. Rockets offered Hakeem something like $13 million. Hakeem already owned Houston. Really Hakeem still does own Houston. But the sad truth is between Hakeem's brother and Fegan they absolutely ruined Hakeem's business reputation with their shanty dealings. I quit going to Denny's somewhere along in there simply because they became as business unfriendly as their owner. (ahhh, I digress!)

Dan Fegan has no affinity for fans, for the relationship an athlete has with a city, he has no respect for rules, for the rules of the NBA.

If I were the Washington Wizards I would be gearing up to trade John Wall sometime between now and the beginning of training camp if Dwight re-signs with the Lakers. I'd peruse the market and find the team willing to give me the most assets for John Wall and I'd trade his a... Because once John Wall enters next season the speculation is going to begin, all the misstatements are going to surface, and all sorts of rumors are going to fly as Fegan tries to work his "magic" to get John Wall to the Lakers so that that he can pair him with Dwight on another 5-yr max deal.

Fegan is power monger. That's it. Because power wraps a cocoon around big $$$$$. He doesn't care about anything else for his athletes besides the $$$$ on the check and the future control of those $$$. And he'll bend and break rules, lie and do all sorts of unethical, immoral things to get his way.

He's also very short-sighted. He can't see beyond the big media centers. He can't see a global market. And he steps in his own poop and messes things up just like he did in attempting to get Dwight to Brooklyn. Fegan has screwed Dwight so bad. But I doubt Dwight understands it.

Once again, Dwight should fire his a....

1 person likes this.
  14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And that's fine. We should always think critically about these things. I would have no problem with someone saying something along the lines of "I'm not sure if the OP is credible" or "I doubt this is reliable information".

But a lot of those criticizing cyberx have just flat out called him a liar (or at least strongly implied it). Well, I think with several notable posters vouching for him, there is at least a bit more reason to believe him than to doubt him. But to voice doubts is entirely different than attacking his character with even less supporting evidence that he is lying than we have to believe he is telling the truth.

I tend to think he does have legitimate access due to the endorsements Dave2000 and Ricksmith have offered as they are two members I respect. I can't recall if, as is claimed, Clutch has vouched for him, but if he has, that really settles it for me.

Also, the talk of the millionaire tax is something I hadn't heard previously. It is interesting and makes sense. Quite honestly, I'd rep the poster who brought that to my attention with or without a claim of inside info. I also found the information regarding Fegan to be interesting. Over-all, it's all consistent with things we've previously heard, but I had forgotten most of it. It seems crazy to me to think he did research just to make this post.

That said, rumors are just rumors. And I don't care if cyberx is Mrs. Daryl Morey in real life, 90% of what she would hear would not pan out. That's just the nature of the business.

15. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

I saw him pull up when I was leaving.

16. just a word

just a word Member

Every time he talks about happiness and fun I remember during ASB when he called the Rockets a fun team. :)

17. valorita

valorita Member

obviously because Morey's philosophy is to not overpay for players

18. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

All good, just don't believe it then. It's obvious that most people believe him to be an insider. No need to encroach on them because you disagree.

Be zen homie

19. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

He also was telling us that Dwight WAS NOT getting dealt here at the deadline last year - completely going against the Orlando "insider" who maintained the Rockets "had everything Orlando and the new GM was looking for".

He was right about Asik not being matched (early) and he was right about Dwight not getting traded here - the second time, not the first - when many, many people felt we had the best offer and the best collection of young assets and draft picks available. The Orlando reporter who continuously tweeted the Rockets were the likely destination was wrong and cyberx was correct (and he gave detailed reasons WHY he was hearing Dwight would NOT end up here).

It's obvious ANYONE would be skeptical of a "supposed insider" on a message board. Give those who think he has ACCESS to some information most don't (not necessarily an "insider") a little credit. No one is getting "duped".

You don't "just believe someone" like this - you develop trust over time... and it helps when long time members - at least one who has even met this guy - vouch for him having access to certain pieces of information (again - not necessarily being an "insider").

(and no, there were no other DEFINITE reports out there when he initially made the thread saying Chicago wasn't matching on Asik.. there were speculative reports going both ways)

20. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Previous message was mostly for Zoplicone... (obviously...lol)