1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry if I have missed it but..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fonzie_004, Dec 24, 2014.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Do we now have too many players on our roster after signing smith? If so who do you feel is getting waived? I sense we may either waive or trade one of Johnson or Canaan, neither of which I want to see go

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Nope, not gonna do that.

3. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I'd really hope not but am I correct in saying that we do need to lose a player from the roster? Sorry shaved is the other possibility if we do need to lose someone

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Based on what? Your assumption makes no sense when we are adding a big, while another big has a non-guaranteed deal, Tarik Black. MOrey is going to try and get this kid a roster spot at another destination before just waiving him.

5. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Sorry I had forgotten about black, he's redundant now and likely gone. I'm merely trying to find out if we had too many guys on the roster which I believed to be true but was trying to clarify.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, they are trying to trade someone to clear a spot.

Won't be either of those two. It'll be Black or Dorsey.

7. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

I much prefer black to Dorsey but black has a non guaranteed deal and McHale has seemingly canned black from the rotation and that was before signing smith and still with Terence to come back.

In 2 weeks we have gone from playing Dorsey and black frequent minutes, nick Johnson being on the floor in crunch time and people bemoaning a Francisco Garcia injury because of injuries and lack of depth, now with trades and players returning we will struggle to get enough minutes for some decent role players.

Credit to the front office

8. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

I would guess Dorsey if they had their Druthers but both Dorsey and Black are Dennis Rodman without the funky hair, tattos, defensive ability, and rebounding ability.

9. alethios

alethios Member

So, Black for a late 2nd?

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Lol.

Who would give up anything for Black?? We are going to have to waive him anyway...

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dorsey for a lifetime supply of mexican food for me and me only

12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Where's Joe Dumars when you need him........

13. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Black could play in the league, just don't want him or Dorsey in our rotation

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

dorsey has to be the one to go. he and black are so similar but he's 10 years older.

there are 3 teams below the cap minimum. one of them in the sixers and they are way below. the bucks and magic could get over the minimum by adding dorsey. because it benefits them, the price to unload him would be lower. i'd add the blazers 2017 second rounder with a protection of #31-40.

15. lalala902102001

Dorsey has a guaranteed mutli-year deal. This was probably the reason he wasn't cut in the pre-season. Dude has no business playing in the NBA.

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Apologies to ISAIAH Canaan. Make that Joey Dorsey, Tarik Black, ISAIAH Canaan, Nick Johnson and Clint Capela all available in Houston</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/547966756783149056">December 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this makes sense. we knew about black and dorsey. canaan, johnson, and capela would have to be traded for a pick. picks are easier to trade than players. this would be another move to load up a great offer for dragic

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We made a commitment to go with Tarik Black, we cannot go back on that now.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Had we known we were going to get Josh Smith, we probably could have combined a couple contracts for a larger expiring 60 days before the deadline. Would have made it a lot easier for a deadline trade.

20. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Of course if some team offers a first for Capela, Johnson or Canaan, Morey would (and should) jump on that.

But to me, this is Stein trying to make Houston look bad or that they don't treat players well since they are "seeking suitors" for all these players. Morey won't move those three unless the offer is just too good to pass up. They (most likely) won't, so no worry.

Black and Dorsey are a different story. I think the Rockets are trying to find someone to take on Dorsey's guaranteed contract. I feel like the Rockets would love to keep Black and raise him in th D-League but his contract is non-guaranteed so if they don't yield any offers for Dorsey, he may be cut :(