1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Soooo......... Clutch killed a man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BullRider, Jun 30, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Oh. Smiley faces lol.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Far as I can tell you aren't even from Houston and have no life. I'm the real Rockets fan, you are just a clout chasing wannabe.

King1 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

BamBam likes this.
  5. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I just like to read basketball stuff and people being real about it. Whether you agree or disagree, let that be a reflection of how you see the game and nothing else.

I tried to follow those guys and get new perspectives about the team, not a lot of basketball stuff, just posting for the algorithm.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I feel like Clutchfans is more-so a millenial forum. These Gen Z kids that live and die with every game on a tanking franchise and b**** about the Rockets' front office not releasing jersey numbers fast enough, they all go on the Twitter Spaces and contrive drama every night. It's exhausting.

Most of the Clutchfans posters from my era have lives now; we have wives and kids and a 60hr/wk job, and we just roll our eyes when every little piece of news gets picked apart on the various unnecessary podcasts. Reddit is a bit more ubiquitous amongst all the age groups, but also more superficial for that reason. Also its method for sorting comments by popularity means that every thread jumps the shark within 5 posts, and the rest of the chain just becomes about random non-sequiturs or inside jokes from the website. The Rockets reddit page is nigh useless.

Twitter is...yeah. We all have about 80 years of time with functional brain-power to do whatever we want with. There's better things to do in life.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Man, that's society in general. Look at this forum. It was the same thing over Banchero, Holmgren, and Smith. It's like they insulted your mother and you have to defend her with a machete or something in some of these posts. I was pro-Banchero even before we drafted Jalen, but now I couldn't care less about Banchero - he's not a Rocket. I'm pro Jabari bari bari bari. It's just different kinds of fanhood, I guess. No matter who we drafted, I'm for that dude. It's not like you switched teams. I was always Team Rockets. But some of these dudes defend these undrafted players like they're family or something. :D

There are a lot of good takes on Twitter even though they're limited by characters, and those people need to be encouraged. Especially some of these dudes that host Spaces and have good Rockets conversations. If done correctly, those take the place of sportstalk radio for me. I get to listen to Rockets talk about current Rockets news (not a day or two later... or waiting until some day of the week). I can listen to it without having to sit through some shock jock, or the current state of the Texans, or some dude trying to help you with your golf swing on the radio.

clos4life, Rashmon, Genesis and 8 others like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My hope is that the cream will rise to the top on #RocketsTwitter, tbh. I think they will. I just hope they don't all run off and start paid newsletter-only crap or all start writing for the Athletic. lol.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can encapsulate it for you in two words:

"Yo mama"

don grahamleone and BigM like this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

less du dis breh!

i dunno if society is ready for my hyper data-centric analysis tho. it's high level maths and statistics and equations.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Underrated post

12. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

You can be a Rockets fan and not be from Houston wtf is this gate-keeping?

13. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

It all started with DD's Rockets Talk. Thanks @DaDakota

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Way back during Web1 -- he recorded the shows on Sony Minidiscs.

clos4life, jboslett, napalm06 and 3 others like this.
  15. Salvy

Salvy Member

16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Don said he went toe to toe with some CF members?

Did he use an alternate account?

I probably opposed him on Banchero

Bleacher Report Houston Rockets also had Clutch's back....posted the tweet

D-rock likes this.
  17. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Imagine thinking you're hot **** because of your """""work""""" on Twitter dot com

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

I love the concept of “clout” and “toe to toe” and “rep” because of posts on an anonymous message board. Or newsletter. Or twitter. Or a podcast.

If you have a press pass, you are part of the media. Even that makes you at best a professional watcher.

If you don’t even have a press pass you are a fan … one of an anonymous hoarde. So, have fun watching and chatting and stop taking yourself so damn seriously.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So unnecessary to diss fellow fans just because they have a competing presence. He should have targeted his hate for Mavs or Jazz fans, not @Clutch

And clutch was never anti-Bancehro, just was saying he preferred Jabari.

D-rock, Genesis, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  20. xaos

xaos Member

don grahamleone, D-rock and hajkov like this.