1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Soooo......... Clutch killed a man

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BullRider, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This has been going on since the WWW. lol. It's interesting how many people have become "journalists" since blogs have become popular. It's interesting how many people have become "radio hosts" since podcasts have become popular. The simplicity of opening your views to others has allowed the common man a quick and easy voice with minimal effort. Unfortunately, the "common idiot" is a subset of the "common man". You have to weed through the garbage and find the gems. There are good ones out there.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This will be going on as long as the 'common folk' requires more and more information from niches of the interweb.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You? LOL - I got banned for a year.....and deservedly so.......Clutch is way way nicer than anyone else that runs a BBS I have seen......he has the patience of Jobe.

Honestly, this is what a little bit of notoriety or fame does to some people, it is a drug and they get addicted and want more more more - when none of it is real, or based on reality.

When I was on Star Citizen, I had a webshow on YouTube called Wingman's hanger we had around 50-100k people watching live every Friday, and I had no idea what that meant until I went to our game show in Cologne.....I couldn't walk 10 feet without someone wanting an autograph or people wanting talk or in some cases huge guys coming up and picking me up in a bear hug.....it was bizzare.....I soon left Star Citizen.

It was exhausting always having to be "ON" but it was also very cool that you touched people's lives in a way you had no idea - I had a couple saying I saved them from suicide....and one little girl around 16 broke down crying when she met me....it was surreal......

So, I see this as someone got a little attention/fame, got addicted and begins to think that they are better or more important...and lose sight of the fact that NONE OF THIS IS REAL.....NONE OF IT.

Here is one of our more corny episodes.....we would post it up on Youtube after our live show.

DD

#183 DaDakota, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    clos4life, BigM, Pistol Pete and 7 others like this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lmao at DD saying "I couldn't walk 10 feet without someone wanting an autograph".

That's the worst bullshit I have ever heardm I would literally buy him a beer to stay 10 feet away from me.

High comedy.

5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Which one are you?

6. DaDakota

The idiot in the blue Sully costume - I ran the show - am known in the Video game space as Wingman.

DD

#186 DaDakota, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
    vator and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

LOL

8. H. Christopher

Agree. Major cap lol

King1 likes this.
  9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Cool to put a face to the name, definitely seems like you guys had something going there.

10. DaDakota

It was fun we did 72 shows in 2 years - game has raised more than 500m, I am one of the founders....still involved a bit.....but moved on to my own company instead....now doing a music based game.

www.feverpitchstudios.com

DD

11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

That's really cool, I remember when the Star Citizen kickstarter first happened how big it was. Good luck with your own project, looks very British themed!

12. DaDakota

I did that kickstarter, actually we launched at the Austin games show with our own website first, and it crashed immediately as people tried to put money in, so I wrote the Kickstarter page, and we got it up while we fixed our own page at Roberts space industries dot com.

It was a helluva time, I was there 2 years as President built the team from 0 to more than 300, and managed all of development - Chris wanted to move all the execs to Los Angeles and I was like, Nope, not gonna go, so I left to do my own and did another successful kickstarter which we finished and the game is with a publisher waiting to come out now doing another game.

I know there are some doubters, but I can see if I can dig up some video of the event....over 2000 people screaming at us like we were Rock stars....it was surreal.

Short clip where we interviewed some fans.

This is me coming on stage for the first presentation of our game in Cologne....crazy....this was year 1, we were shocked at how popular it was.....we did a biergarten Q&A and signed posters for more than 2000 fans that came to see us.

I get the fame portion and how intoxicating it can be, we only experienced a very small piece of it, nothing like NBA players or movie stars get, but to not be able to buy a drink anywhere without someone offering to buy or we would sit down to breakfast just 3 or 4 of us and within 30 minutes there were 50+ people there and they wouldn't let us pay for anything.

I still love community building - think that is what Dave is doing here, and why it is so cool - I know there are haters out there, but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.

BTW - I think Star Citizen was unique I doubt we will ever capture that type of fervent fan base right out of the gate, but you never know...gonna try with the next one too....

DD

PS Major Cap? @Squirtle @H. Christopher .....you never know what people are known for or do on a message board....everyone is a cynic.

#192 DaDakota, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I should post the whole audio of Don ... that guy is honestly a piece of work

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Please do

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  15. DaDakota

Honestly @Clutch I don't know how anyone can be mad at you, like ever. You are just one of the nicest guys I have ever met.....way more even keel than most all of us.

And THAT is no Bananas, sir!

DD

D-rock, i3artow i3aller and Clutch like this.
  16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I appreciate that, @DaDakota ... but it's mainly about a small handful of accounts that are addicted to a drug called "clout".

17. DaDakota

That was my point, people get all caught up in putting their value in whom they are, as to how popular they are, or whether they have more followers - it is 100% a bad way to be......

Just be yourself, enjoy it, and realize we are all just fans cheering for a team - clout/fame is mythical.....

IMHO.

DD

harold bingo and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Oh yeah Star Citizen is a lightning in a bottle moment for sure, very impressed at your resume tbh, you made half of my childhood ha! Definitely send me a message when you launch your next Kickstarter, not only will I pledge but I'll promote it to all of my nerdy friends too (I'm in the tabletop wargaming industry, obviously different, but the scenes overlap heavily haha) as I'm sure most of them grew up on games you were involved in too, and loads of them were Star Citizen backers.

harold bingo and durvasa like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

CloutchFans

20. DaDakota

See, now that is funny.

DD