1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sooo is training camp closed to public?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreHNIC, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

With the season now being unlocked and me wanting to support the Rockets more being born and raised in houston, are fans able to watch Training Camp or no? I'm going to try and support the Rockets as much as possible this season being neutral to my favorite team and checking out other players on other teams I'm interested to see play.....

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

No agreement has been signed yet. We won't know until they vote.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If the litigation gets cleared up and everything is good to go, we will probably find out about training camp at the same time as the players and coaches, but I sincerely doubt the general public will be able to attend most if not all training camp sessions.

Typically the media gets to attend some alotted practices and gets interview time at the end of most practices. As far as the fans access to training camp, its usually limited to what the media provides as far as interviews, and some video taken. Every once in awhile, the team will allow select fans to attend one or two scrimages a year, but with such a tight schedule this pre-season, I wouldn't count on getting much access.

Just make sure you Tweet or email Jason Friedman(Rockets.com media guy) these kinds of questions and he's usually pretty good about letting the fans know whats coming up and how to be first in line if there is anything special going on.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

was this a hot button issue? were fans granted access in the past, generally?

5. opticon

opticon Member

they have one open practice every which is just a glorified scrimmage with a autograph session at the end.

With the training camp being so short this year I don't see how they will make it fit. But you never know.

Nba team need as much positive pr as they can get.

6. DreHNIC

DreHNIC Member

reasonable answer! thanks!