1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something WindandSea would like to post

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovethisgametoo, Jul 21, 2002.

1. lovethisgametoo

This is a ongoing poll in sina.com, argubly the NO1 news Website of China.

What do you estimate Yao Ming's performance in his rookie season?

Out of 43108 votes:

9730 22.57% rookie of the year,
    18559 43.05% a starter,
    12218 28.34% a major bentch player (sixth man?),
    2601 6.03% at the end of the bentch

No surprising that about 2/3 think Yao's rookie season will be successful. This number doesn't interest me, however. Rather, what I feel interesting is that only 43,108 people voted!

Does this number give out some clue that how many Chinese fans will vote for Yao Ming in next year's All-star votes?

2. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Maybe the poll's only been up for a day or two.

3. off_welfare

off_welfare Member

There are a lot of people in China, it has probably been up a few minutes

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Let's just hope there are enough votes in China to get us into the playoffs. Oh wait, that won't work will it.

Worst case scenario, we'll get one more person into the allstar game besides sfra.

5. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

man I wonder, if allstar votes are conducted online, then Ming is a lock for the allstar team cuz there are over a billion people in China who could potentially vote him in.

6. writhe

writhe Member

A billion people with access to the internet?

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

First of all, not everyone that is a basketball fan participates in these kind of polls. Im sure there are more fans that didnt vote.

China could give Ming about 1 million votes towards the all-star game. I would be surprised if the number surpassed 1 million.

8. INrocket

INrocket Member

You guys are very optimistic considering wang, the first chinese player ever in the nba, who happens to be more famous than yao in china, and some reporters believe even better than him didn't get much votes in last years all star game. I doubt, unless yao becomes clearly one of the top 3 rookies that he will even have a chance at making the team. Maybe in 3 to 4 years or when shaq retires.

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Hopefully Shaq-Fu retires in about 3 years before he gets past his prime to transition into his next career to be a Louisiana Police Officer. We really need to do reverse psychology somehow and keep embedding it in Shaq's brain that being a police officer is an extremely honorable profession and would give him tons more power than being in the stupid NBA where you get very little respect because of the stupid ref's and punks like Brad Miller?!?! (Wow, that was a great run-on sentence if I ever saw one.)

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The People of Chinese Republic will vote when they vote...Perhaps it is not customary to show appreciation before due time...Remember in the movie, "Dragon" (about Bruce Lee) the audience watching "the Big Easy" (I think that is what it was called) did not clap or show pre-exuberance until it was over with...Maybe I am streching here, but I could understand they might handle anticipaton differently than us Western folk.

11. wangfan

wangfan Member

Hi don¡¯t worry.
    Many many Chinese fans stand behind MING.