1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something that's been bothering me for a while, namely thinly-veiled homophobic posts

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by br0ken_shad0w, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

So it's gay people's fault for being gay, which makes the word offensive. I mean if gay people weren't so gay, the word wouldn't be that bad.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

this thread is San Francisco

1 person likes this.
  3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it ain't gay if the balls don't touch

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It bothers me as much as the homophobic comments that litter the BBS, and yes, I realize the majority don't even realize that their remarks are highly offensive to some of their fellow members. That's a bummer. Those who don't like it can simply not do it themselves, which is what I do, because saying it is offensive results in a series of jokes, as we've seen here. That's been my experience when I've complained about it, and I've complained before. One apparently has to put up with it, and do what one can to enlighten everyone else without derailing a thread.

There are countless ways to say the same thing, folks. Consider it, why don't you?

1 person likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well we're picky when it comes to what's offensive or not.

Some can get away with making racial remarks or anti-Islamic remarks or other religions. And sometimes you can really see the hate in some of those posts, but it's still allowed. The best part is the posters making fun of Mormons when they have no idea who member #1 is.

Freedom of speech I guess. But from what I see the "that's gay" comments aren't as hateful as some of the comments about topics mentioned above. Ultimately it's up to Clutch. I just think if we're gonna start censoring some gay comments, then a lot of what's said in the D&D should be censored as well.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

This thread is.....
    [​IMG]

Although I do agree people should try not to use "gay" as an insult. I felt terrible when I did a few months ago around one of my coworkers who is gay.

7. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Definitely one of the gayer threads this year.

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Only time I sensed homophobia was when the guy made the post about Rubio possibly being gay.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

:grin:Tell em Y U mad son:grin::grin::mad:

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's true. The invocation of gays and r****ds is nothing compared to what people here say about Utahns and Mormonism. They make me cringe. Clutch is perhaps too tolerant in letting those jokes stand.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Rubio and Gay have no resemblance, and completely different games. :confused::confused:

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

For me, the word has evolved passed sexuality. When I want to say homosexual, I say homosexual. When I want to express something is stupid, or dumb, or annoying I use the word gay. I try not to do it here, and I try to only do it with people who I know are comfortable with it, but to be honest I don't do it as a homophobic slur. I think people are far to sensitive about that word. As south park showed it has evolved to host a variety of meanings, why can't my meaning be the new one?

I'm sorry but the likes of overly touchy people and celebrities (like Wanda Sikes) will not dissuade me from using it in the manner I do. With that said, we can also be a bit more sensitive to our homosexual friends around here and use it sparingly.

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Is Budinger Gay or better

14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

OP is ghey.

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I only say "That's Gay", when I mean "That's overrated".

16. dd89

dd89 Member

The way you wrote this thread makes me think you're extremely gay (as in happy). I am glad your go to forums do not allow such posts, as that would reduce the gayness of the users (their happiness that is).

As an exercise please interpret the correct meaning of the following:

Rudy is from the Gay family, they are a pretty gay bunch. By the way, I am feeling very gay today, perhaps because of your thread which highlights the importance of being respectful towards the gays. Have a gay day, my very gay friend!

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Dear OP. If you are looking for a very PC forum with pictures try the 4chan forums and then click on /b/.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think pejoratives against women are much more serious than those against homosexuals on this board.

19. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

This. It says more about the person saying it than the person/thing/situation he or she was speaking about.

1 person likes this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This thread is very homosexual.