1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something rubs me the wrong way about the democrats and especially Joe Biden

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by HardenVolumeOne, Jul 14, 2021.

1. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Not gonna lie, I made it to the second paragraph and then stopped reading. The amount of propaganda in your post is amazing. If this is a troll it’s a very good one. I’m afraid, however, that you are being completely serious. If that’s the case, then may god have mercy on you because you are too far down the rabbit hole to help. I seriously question the OPs intelligence because he’s not smart enough to see through the obvious propaganda. You do you man.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think he is trolling but then you look at his basketball takes and anything having to do with Harden and I wonder.

He takes up for Harden like he does for Trump.

And this coming from a huge Harden head.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Is it OK to claim you're a stupid Trumper after reading that whole thing?

Pure propaganda and you're falling for it hook line and sinker. Most of the GOP would treat you just like they treated Caitlin Jenner at CPAC.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The funniest part is the idea that Trump "brought jobs back in" and now they are "leaving again" - what utter nonsense.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

What do the gematria ###s tell us?

I put some chips on red.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

related

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

??

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I guess it comes down to whether you want to vote for the party trying to build back better, or the party that is fighting to protect you from cancel culture, Critical Race Theory, Souls to the Pols and the Capitol Police.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

dmoneybangbang, jiggyfly and subtomic like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I skimmed through the first post and the rest of this thread and there is no point in trying to convince the OP or to have a real discussion or debate in it. There is so much propaganda in it it's pretty clear what the purpose of the OP is. Further the OP has already stated he is closed to other information and is instead just choosing to believe only sources that confirm his biases and is rejecting any source including Fox news that might challenge his view.

Because I'm verbose and am distracting myself from getting on with my day a few things.

Biden rubs me the wrong way too. As a news junkie he always bugged me as Senate Committee Chair with his "C'mon Buddy" and other hokey phrases. He frequently has trouble with the truth and his long rambling stories make my eyes want to roll out of my head. His long record is marked contradictions and inconsistencies on many things.

At the same time Trump isn't the ultimate evil. There are things he did that I agree with and that I think he deserves more credit for. Passing criminal justice reform was a big deal and especially that he worked with Democrats to do it. I think getting two large COVID-19 relief bills passed including bringing in reluctant Republicans was important.

Neither Biden nor Trump are all evil or all good but too often our rhetoric ends up with such polarizing viewpoints where any acknowledgement of the other side or criticism of one's own side is seen as weakness and aiding the enemy. Loyalty to one's cause no matter what is too often prized.

All of that said if you look at the totality of the Trump presidency down to him not even acknowledging the result of the election he has done far more harm to this country than he helped. I could go through a lengthy argument of why but I doubt the OP will listen. For Biden it's still too early to say what the longterm affect of the Biden's presidency will be but for me so far it's better than expected. While there have been problems with things like inflation and crime I will point out those had already started rising in 2020 under Trump. What we have seen is COVID-19 dropping with vaccinations up (doesn't mean we should consider this pandemic anywhere over though) the economy overall is still doing good with markets remaining high and even though it's been uneven unemployment is coming down.

To emphasize we shouldn't just accept that everything is going great under Biden but at the same time the view that we had a Golden Age under Trump and now the country is a hellhole just doesn't match reality.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

best post I’ve read here in quite a while

14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

You are a thoughtful and intellectually honest poster. I respect and agree with much of what you’ve written here.

I would differ, or maybe the better phrase is add or emphasize one key point. The policies and programs a president accomplishes can get overshadowed by the manner in which he accomplishes them, or other actions taken during the presidency.

In my view, any conversation regarding trump starts with his assault on democracy, facts and education/intelligence. America is less democratic, more openly ignorant, more anti intelligence/education/science than at any time in my life. If you conduct a root cause analysis, the primary cause is Trump.

I was going to add that racists are more openly vocal about their racist views than at any other time in my life, but that might not be true relative to the 70’s when I was born. But certainly trump set us back on tolerance and race by at least two decades.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Couldn't believe it when they came out conservative but the twins are still hilarious.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Still waiting @HardenVolumeOne

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They hate each other but biden and trump combined efforts led to the vaccine roll out. I sucks that biden's handlers are hell bent on reversing everything but elections have consequences. The left's propaganda worked and he got the votes. Hang in there and maybe the 2022 elections will result in better policy.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I totally agree. Unfortunately, there were some Trump traits that I could just not get pass. His total disregard for the truth and for Science.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololol

you do you sir. if you choose to spend your time "being informed" by newsmax and oann then so be it. perhaps though you should actually read a few books by an author that will break down a subject with nuance, find 3-4 real journalists (there are some decent ones out there)

I hate to break it down like this for you though. You may simply be unintelligent and if you are incapable of seeing what f'ing newsmax and oann really are that is very likely is the case.

Good luck. I highly suggest doing some reading about what educated people do to stay informed. Follow that trail for a few months and see what your outlook is. Here is a hint... it's not newsmax, oann, foxnews, msnbc, cnn again good luck

Phillyrocket and VooDooPope like this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, it was the left's propaganda that convinced 81M Americans that President Trump was a bumbling, petty egomaniac. Certainly not his own every day actions and words. Clever of the left!