1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Something has to be missing.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dram1, Feb 18, 2010.

1. dram1

dram1 Member

I just don't see Morey letting all the 1st round picks and J Hill get away simply to get an oft injure K-Mart. Haven't we already had enough of a high point producing 2 guard that plays no defense and 20 games per season injured. We went through this already and now we are ding it again.

Morey has to be in on something with NY as in a 1st rounder, or at least Jordan Hill. If this trade stays as it is , then we got screwed. If we at least get Hill and a 1st rounder (1-5 protected), then it would be a bit more fair.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the deal is not done. New York has been trying to get in on this deal.

My guess? This turns into a 3 team trade and we end up with a pick or Hill.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

thank you there has to be more to this trade

4. IngiGo-

IngiGo- Member

Jordan HIll or Al for sure. This gives us some front court hep. Hopefully NY gets involvded cause i am not that big fan of this trade.

5. Garner

Garner Member

Clutch,

After the trade deadline all clutchfans members should report to the Toyota Center for a little meeting on what constitutes a new forum vs. what is simply an extended thought from the other 50 on the page.

Good day.

6. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

It is definitely something missing in this trade, which should involve another team to seal the deal. That's what it's been missing since the news was breaking.

Oh man. Tired of all those things, gotta hit the road for some fresh air. :eek:

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Yea i think what happened is that even though Rockets and Kings agreed to the Martin+others and Landry+others swap....the Rockets is probably telling the Kings, you have to give us something more out of Tmac expiring contract and we're willing to facilitate you with other players going to New York.

Because if this trade go down as it is...the Kings get too much advantage. Basically, they get Landry plus all the deal with originally have with Knicks. So i think Morey is saying that even we agreed with you on the swap between our players....you have to give us something more out of the Tmac going to NY. We will see what that is going to be later today....

8. Hball

Hball Member

Wow Kings just robbed us, they took T-mac along with his expiring and landry for a guy that's avg 2 asst and plays no defense.

Wouldn't have been cheaper to just resign Wafer?

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If we get Jordan Hill I would be ecstatic...

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I posted this in the other thread, this^ how i think its going to structured with minor differences, at least IMO...

-RB

11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

We actually meet at the Ritz, not Toyota Center. We get a bit rowdy.

12. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I mean the deal is done yet; I love this deal more than anyone on this board. Morey could be still trying to crack Donnie into giving us that unprotected 2011 swap and 2012 first since Chicago side of the deal seems to be dead.

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

I think I heard last night that the Kings would get the draft picks for taking on Jefferies contract, if we got Jordan Hill, I'm thinking that would be all.

14. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

15. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I wonder if it got too personal. DM was trying to squeeze every last drop of blood out of them, and when Chicago couldn't come close to what NY was offering, NY started to come back down. I think maybe Les/DM couldn't stand it.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

when was the last time Wafer dropped 48.

Martin did that this season.

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

If anybody gets a pick or hill, it will be the kings. They are the one's with tmac.

18. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Why would Sac want Jeffries for no additional value?

19. worzel gummidge

Knicks are only giving up Hill if they can jettison Jeffries. Taking on Jeffries makes it hard to re-sign Scola and or Lowry if they plan to stay under LT next season.

20. sbyang

sbyang Member

This deal seems to be done. Maybe the Knicks will get involved and the Rockets will pick up some pieces IF we take on Jeffries' contract.

I think something is missing in the sense that we now have something of a log jam at the 2/3. It certainly seems like one of Ariza/Battier is going to be moved. Maybe it's this deadline, maybe it's in the summer, but one of those 2 guys is getting moved.