1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something clicking with Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JG didn't start the season very well. It was obvious early on that he should have been dealt. We sat on our hands, and eventually his trade value slid.

cml750, jim1961 and daywalker02 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They started out 0-3 with a horrible road game against Orlando......in which only Alperen delivered.

Plowman likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Everyone knew it would start out rough for Green from a month before the season started. If habits were going to be hard to reverse for anyone, it would be the guy who was given as many minutes and shots as he wanted with no accountability ever in his entire career. Yeah it may take that guy almost a whole season to adjust.

Apparently you can’t just ditch someone’s development their first two years and then expect them to play like they would have if you had developed them. Two years of development was flushed and it’s not coming back, so now we’re playing catch up.

Green improved more in 3 months with Udoka than he did in 2 years under Silas. A strong finish to the season would be a major step in development, no need to fearfully diminish that.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We go from month to month, what you said might be true but nobody is fearful......more like vexed to talk about it......

5. Ancient Moabite

You can laugh until you cry a white Nile river and it still won't change that Green biggest hurdle past two seasons were defense and ts%/efficiency

Its clear as day that a more ''Consistent'' Green of the past 20 or so games (more good than bad) makes the Rockets better and all you presidential anti club members more n more bitter

Of course you would be shocked, that is why you don't post his recent play and continue to bicker about his December numbers and how you want him traded....your wish may come after next season.....TBD

Of course the best guards do it more consistently, which they reach it after some yrs of development like those who came straight out of HS like KG/Kobe/Tmac......not all HS to NBA players came out of the gate like Bron or even Moses/Amare

Now go compare the numbers of Kobe/Tmac/Al Harrington/J O'Neal and any other HS to NBA player and lets see if they were star players after year two

You would be shocked how they later became Star players ....Only thing is Green has played more minutes to showcase his flaws/mistakes more, the others like KG/Kobe were drafted into org (leaders/HOFers) to lean on and develop slowly, like similar to how Cam/Amen are being developed

It comes down to good/great Green vs. bad/mediocre Green

topfive likes this.
  6. Ancient Moabite

But star is not Super-Star.....

There are a bunch of players paid star money based on their team valuing them

Vassel signed a deal with the Spurs for like 120$ or so million, before trading him the Knicks gave Barrett like 30$ mill per season

Green will be getting at least what Vessel got

Do you consider Barrett/Vassel so called ''star'' players?

A bunch of players in the league are over paid, but the market price is what it be

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I did post his numbers from the past 20 games, and past 10 game stretches. Did you miss that?

jim1961 likes this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

post his last 20 game by game numbers

I told you someone must have posted a fake 20 game sample because those numbers were solid across the board

I actually watch the games so its real easy to see the actual numbers being put up in real time, and the December version and the post ASB break version are not the same, damn the stats, my eyes and bball 6th sense sees something diff

Green got the nerve to even pick his man up full court, something he was allergic to first two seasons, hell I can't believe he will actually dive on the ground and fight for a loose ball

But I know, the hit dog (will) holler

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not arguing or debating him with you. I aired my concerns and you disagree. We have different views and expectations of him as the starting shooting guard on this team, and it's fine if we disagree. So be it.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not wasting my time. Look it up yourself. It's not hard to do. I'm actually bored discussing him with you. We don't have to both love the same player. He's all yours. Enjoy. LOL

11. Ancient Moabite

I didnt think this back n forth sports convo was an argument

And that's the beauty of convo about whatever topic

We disagree and ask questions based on whatever like the numbers you posted and how you value 3pt shooters as basically max level players

Kudos

12. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

That play had me feeling two ways. 1) What an incredible talent he is, if he can just become a good shooter. 2) Who in the right mind is going to do a look away when they suck at shooting.

Honest reaction to watching it, obviously the first one was my overriding emotion and the second was thinking about it after the game.

I really hope he can learn to shoot, because if he does he truly has some potential to be a star player.

13. Ancient Moabite

Figures, when it suits you post away numbers that come about when actually ''watching'' the game

Try it one day, you may like it

Green is all Tilman/Stone/Rockets

Don't you dare single me out and make me that special, that belongs to those I just mentioned, Jalen is all theirs, including his mother country

Whoever said we have to like the same player? Reaching for straws means this convo is done, good 2024

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

You are misinterpreting me then. I clearly listed comparisons in FG%, 3PT% and TS%. I didn't compare how a player looked, how they defended, how cool their shots were, or any of that. It was simply about well rounded proficient starting shooting guards playing 30 minutes or more on teams in the NBA.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

There's some that you just have to serve their noodles in a shallow bowl...

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

LOL. I've posted numbers for months. I don't hen pick a few games. I've done it by month, 10 day stretches, or even the last 20 day stretch. Nobody is reaching for straws unless they pick and choose which games to evaluate an average from, which I've never done. My whole point was I hadn't seen streaks of consistent improvement in shooting percentages in any category that lasted.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Let's just be glad the shot went in. The last thing we needed was for that shot to rim out and end up on every TV sports show for the next month.

18. PWR

PWR Member

I'm just going to throw this out there...

The Rockets are 20-3 this season whenever Jalen has a defensive rating of 110 or less.

Those 3 losses were to the Nets by 2 points, to the Suns by 5 points, and to the Lakers by 1 point.

We're a playoff team if he was more consistent on just that end alone. I'm not even going to bring up the shooting inefficiency any more, because it is what it is. He can't shoot.

Holybats and jim1961 like this.
  19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

Click, click, click, click, click, click, click...

20. Ancient Moabite

A hit dog holla