1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something about the rockets team chemistry ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Dec 10, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't understand why a 8-14 team worries about that the coming back of their two best players (YAO & AB) would destroy the team chemistry, but they have given CBud a lot of playing time since he came back from injury even though he is hurting team? You can say that Yao and AB are starters, and have big impacts. But, the rocekts lost many close games. CBud's negative effect cannot be ignored.

2 people like this.
  2. YallMean

YallMean Member

We were 0-5 when they were in.

But we could have used Yao tonight ...

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

It's not fair to put the 0-5 record on either Yao or Brooks, just like it's not fair to make an argument for Lowry by saying "what's Brooks record this year?!"

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Not fair, maybe. We were what 8-9 after they were out. I see the rationale of the coach.
    But not saying he is right ...
    He might need this loss to change his mind. Hopefully.

5. RX2012

RX2012 Member

let me give you the reason why we have chemisty troubles.

we're so talented on paper that the Rockets think too much about being so talented and aren't focused on acheiving a killer instinct.

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

It's unusual...

Without CP3 last season, the hornets won a lot of games. But, they didn't think CP3 would destroy the team chemistry.

Without Tony Parker last season, the spurs won a lot of games as well. But, they didn't think Parker would destroy the team chemistry.

7. LongTimeFan

Who is worried that Aaron Brooks would destroy the team's chemistry? I know some people are worried about Yao's minutes limit affecting the team, but I haven't heard much about AB.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Really? You don't know that people think AB should come off the bench?

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

Well at least for Yao, there are doubts with his health and the effectivness under the PT limit. You have to take those into account.

10. LongTimeFan

I do, but I fail to see what that has to do with team chemistry? They want that because they feel AB is better suited as a 6th man, not because they think him returning to the lineup would ruin our .500 record or whatever it is without him and Yao.

11. abc2007

abc2007 Member

BTW, I remember that someone mentioned that Adelman asked Les to buy a 2nd round pick for CBud. Is that the reason why Adelman has given CBud a lot of playing time even though he sucks.

12. abc2007

abc2007 Member

That is one reflection of chemistry ...

13. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

We used a 10 man rotation with 2 of our top guys out. Budinger needs to be glued to the bench, Taylor shouldn't even be dressed, and Yao and Brooks need to get back asap. Our chemistry can't get any worse...

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

who exactly is worried?

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Adelman is loyal to his players and he's patient when they go through slumps.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Why did he only give Tmac 6 minutes?

17. Prince

Prince Member

I agree about CBud - he needs to go to NBDL.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

8-9 with loses to Washington, Milwaukee, Toronto....etc..etc..etc...

Yeah, that and a bag of chips will get you far in life.

DD

19. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

McGrady was coming back from season ending surgery that usually takes at best a full to recover from. They limited his minutes partially so he would not get injured again and thus not be able to trade him, as well as to work him back into shape. When he got to the Knicks, guess what happened in his 3rd game?

I liked McGrady, but the Rockets handled that the best they could to get the most out of him that year. Shady? No doubt, but we wouldn't have gotten Jordan Hill and Martin without playing it like they did.

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

CBud is coming back from injury as well. He might get injured again and thus not be able to trade him.

We traded Landry for Martin.