1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone please help me feel better...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2rings, Dec 1, 2007.

Tags:
  1. 2rings

2rings Member

...I just don't see anyone around Yao and T-Mac that can step up. This team seems destined for mediocrity because of it. Please feel free to convince me otherwise and make me feel better! I am hoping I am wrong.

2. OpusX

OpusX Rookie

With SF3 in tonights game, ROX win...despite the Refs. :D

3. go2france

go2france Member

sorry dude, u r right

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

I could try, but I wouldn't succeed. I might not even believe in it myself anymore.

Yao and McGrady are great. You can't blame them, I don't care how many YOFs or TOFs come in here and tell me one or the other need to be traded. They are wrong. This team has a lot of problems, they are not part of them.

We have the talent on our roster, we the have the capable bench, but they ALL lack consistency. Battier? Kidding me, the guy can't buy his three point shot consistently. Rafer? We all know Rafer. James? Looks for his shot and his only, and he's not even hitting it consistently. Wells, Scola, Head, Hayes, Snyder, Francis, etc.? Yeah...

New offense? New coach? New system? High expectations?

This team is going nowhere fast. I believe we absolutely need a change. We need a trade. Something is seriously wrong.

5. grc25

grc25 Member

I"m afraid you are right. Nothing has really changed since last year.
    Hayes, Alston, Battier, Bonzi, James, and Head are all still WORTHLESS!!
    They are all scrubs.

Francis, Scola, Brooks, Landry + Trades + Tmac growing a spine = Possible Success, but if RA and Morey don't make these changes happen soon, then we might not even make the playoffs.

PATHETIC LOOSERS!!!!!!!

6. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Yao/T-Mac and a bunch of questionable NBA players.

James - washed up chucker
    Francis - washed up injury-prone guard
    Head - no game AT ALL
    Deke - washed up 30 years ago
    Battier - washed up role player aka scrub now
    Alston - declining scrub
    Scola - could see why the Spurs traded him for nothing
    Wells - overweight scrub

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Rockets were what ... 6-12 to start 2004-05? They had no chemistry (bunch of new players), couldn't figure out how to use T-Mac, had a terrible offense and fans wanted the coach canned.

And that (arguably) turned out to be the best T-Mac/Yao Rockets team. They figured some things out, and made changes as they went. Swapped Jim Jackson/Nachbar for David Wesley. Traded Tyronn Lue for Jon Barry. Traded Reece Gaines for Mike James. Each deal was fairly minor and all three had a huge impact on the team.

This team has talent... Mike James, Bonzi Wells and Luis Scola didn't forget how to play basketball when they got to Houston, even though it looks that way. It may take even a little more time, but I'm sure they'll figure this out. Adelman wasn't born yesterday in the NBA world... he will make the necessary changes. Morey is new, but he'll have a lot of input too.

8. LoneStarDawg

LoneStarDawg Member

It takes time (and changes)... it's a long season. Rudy T's first full season (1992-93) the Rockets started out 14-16 then went on to win the division with 55 wins. That was also the year Sleepy Floyd got pushed out of the rotation.

Things will change and we can improve. :)

9. PlayDoh

PlayDoh Member

damn skippy

10. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

I can only assure you that if we had JVG in RA's position tonight, we would have blown them out 30pts and Aaron Brooks get 20min play time. We BLEW SCRUB TEAM AT LEAST!!!!
    WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU, COACH A?NO D AND NO O? :mad:

11. jc1988

jc1988 Member

amen brother..

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Get 100 bucks. Go find a strip bar drink yourself blind. You'll feel better.

13. Laoyi

Laoyi Member

No, there is a big change. We got a new head coach, who is worse than the last one. The last one was onlt sturbon but at least knows what he was doing (play defense), and this one is not only sturban, but also has no clue what he should do.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

We did beat Utah, Phoenix at their houses. We beat San Anton, and hung close with them in the loss. We played Dallas tough.

Better now?

15. pli777

pli777 Member

I didn't watch the game, can someone let me know why didn't francis get any minutes? Was he injured?

16. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

just take a LOT of painkillers/ and or copious amounts of psychedelic drugs to temporarily create the dillusion that we're winning :)

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

this is Yao and Tmac's team no matter how you changed everything.

yes, the team will be mediocre.

18. awo86

awo86 Rookie

thanks clutch. that's something that made me feel better.
    I know as fans we are all very short-sighted. its just part of being a fan.

19. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

you'll feel better if you start rooting for celtics or orlando. Man big3 owns and dwight howard plays like a beast

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

There's no passion. There's no energy. There's no defense. I used to like Chuck Hayes a lot, but heart only gets you so far. Eventually, you get blocked by the rim...