1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone Convince Me Dwight Isn't Overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Dec 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Five wrongs don't make a right.

2. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You're right; you're not dumb. You're completely moronic.

Sorry. There's just nothing else to be said when someone presents an opinion that has such little value.

3. Houston22

Houston22 Member

three quarters of max players are overrated

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This post is over rated. Grizzlie poo bear.

5. fattz

fattz Member

Thank you for your opinion. Your post would have value other than name calling if you could justify his value as one of the top paid players in the league but still has holes in his over all game and can not close out close games --> FT%. Plus his health is an on going issue dating back to his time with the Magic. When he signed with us, Asik was paid a 1/3 and did basically the samething. Just a moronic point of veiw. We don't have to agree but stop and ask does this really add anything then post, thanks.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think you said it best.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"DudeWah" will always toe the company line no matter what, don't waste your breath.

8. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Take Dwight off of this team for a full season and you would see his value...While he was injured we played very well, but he controls the paint at an elite level...Look at our recent games, tonight for example...Dwight left the game at one point In the 2nd half (I can't remember when) and our defense immediately suffered and gave up a run...D12 is a valuable defensive community and he still provides you 19 points and 12 rebounds every night regardless of if it is pretty or not...There are very few forces in the League like Dwight Howard, healthy or not

9. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

*^Valuable defensive Commodity

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

My only problem with Dwight is, has been, and always will be, his insistence on proving to the world that he's a good post player.

11. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

You know, lately I've been wondering the same thing. I love Howard. He seems to be a terrific person and great teammate. I was concerned about D-Mo's excellent play while DH was out because I didn't think he'd be able to get those touches when DH returned. But he has. And the reason why disturbs me.

D-Mo is a talented player in the post with great footwork. But when you're paying your center 20+ million a year, when I see him get the ball, I don't want to feel uncomfortable. When Harden's got the ball anywhere, or D-Mo is in the post, I don't get that feeling.

When I see big men like Horford, Davis, Gasol or Cousins, I envy those teams a bit. All of those guys have good mid range jumpers. We saw how well ATL penetrated tonight and Horford was just money from that range. Can you imagine if we had that? Hell, Tyson Chandler brings almost the same stuff, DH has him beat though even with his repetitive post moves.

In my opinion, Howard is not worth what he is getting paid. I'm sure most of us would take AD over him, but I'd take Gasol as well. His passing, size, defense and range makes him a great all around player. I will continue to support the Rockets and Howard of course though. Whatever happened to that bank shot he would try every now and then?

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Here is our on/off statistics.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2015/on-off/

We are dramatically better across the board with Howard on the floor. He has the highest on/off positive change on the team.

Anyone who suggests money is better spent elsewhere (which is dumb in itself because money is not the constraint, finding talent to take it is), needs to be mocked and scorned in order to promote more intelligent thought and posting.

1 person likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

I know he is a nice player (NOT AN ALL TIME GREAT) but he takes up a 1/3 of our cap space, too. His health and no being on the court at the end of close games (Shaq) vs amount the of cap space he takes are my fear. When, not if he can't play he still takes a 1/3 of the cap space. BECAUSE of his cap space - we should hold him to an other level.

Asik and another $10-12M DMtheGM player would have more value IMO.

14. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

He's played very poorly in the post so far this season and that is alarming. I think he can step up his game though. Fingers crossed.

15. Ghost_of_Akeem

Dwight needs to improve his FT shooting percentage or else he will always be a liability. In the playoffs, when games are always close and the opposing team is in the penalty they will just foul him. Just like Portland did to us throughout the series.

If this guy can't make a FT we will be ****ed once again if a game is close. So, Rockets have two options.

1. Improve the team so much that we blow out every team we play. Or...

2. Dwight improves his FT percentage so that he's not a dead body on the court.

16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

shooting 69 percent from the line the past 3 games

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Is he favoring his knee? He seems to be taking plays off. Of course, that may be prudence, since the season is just a quarter over.

Problem is he really has no back-up to protect the rim. Wondering why we didn't play Dorsey at all.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Dwight will go down as an All time defensive great

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Dwight has been great since he came back

20. Ghost_of_Akeem

Well, I just did two backflips and nearly injured my back after I read your post.