1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone Convince Me Dwight Isn't Overrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Dec 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Umm... you're memory is off on the Lowry/AB rows we had. I wanted Lowry to replace AB as the starter even before AB got hurt, even before Lowry learned how to shoot, not because of any small stretch of the game, but because of how he played the game and more importantly, understood the game. AB was and still is a one trick pony who offered literally N-O-T-H-I-N-G to the game when his shot was not falling. Lowry offered a ton of things without shooting THEN AND THERE. It was not a question of whether or not he finally turned a corner, but how much useful his existing skill set already was. That's enough down memory lane however as this is about D-Mo.

Here is my reservations about D-Mo. He does not get doubled so no one can tell if he can actually beat double teams or pass out consistently. That said, I really like some of the passes that D-Mo has thrown thus far and his confidence is at an all time high. I would love for D-Mo to have actually turned a corner and broken out, but a string of 15 games does not outweigh the fact that he was basically useless the past few seasons. That said, if teams actually start double teaming D-Mo and he is consistently able to score or pass out without turning the ball over (remember, Dwight has much higher possession rate than D-Mo, but only 2 more TO's), then yeah, let's talk about using him over Dwight in certain situations. Either way, we do have until the trade deadline to see how D-Mo continues to develop.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Could you imagine having Howard as our superstar max player and not having harden on the team? That would be awful, good thing morey got harden here first.

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Can I finally get some love here?

After 11 pages of bashing me & downing this thread with 2 stars, it seems every post in the GARM is echoing the same stuff I said in this thread weeks ago.

So, come on - gimme some props. I won't even say - I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

4. chenjy9

Supporting Member

#injuries
    #boneonbone

5. oakdogg

proves my point. Read the first post.

6. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Not really, considering people can and do recover from injuries.

7. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Some injuries you can recover from, some others you can't. Ever hear of a career ending injury? Bone on bone does not sound encouraging.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Yes he is overrated...he is not a superstar he once was with Orlando.But he is now underrated with all his injuries ,he still managed to put Tyson Chandler #.

The things that seems everyone agree with, the way this team using him is't successful. He is not 7'5 who can dunk over 2 defenders. He get blocked easily.

9. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Well he isnt overrated now because no one consideres him a top 3 center anymore.

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Isn't on the glass offensively at all anymore. Sad

[​IMG]

11. MystikArkitect

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wpevt7MlAnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ImvTPdl9q2w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9JdKLBc0bm4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I took a shot for every time the Rockets have failed to get Howard the ball in good post position, I'd be dead. Feed ball to Dwight in post, Dwight makes quick decisive move, scores. Next possession James drive to the hoop. Scores.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

D-Mo, Dwight and James are three of the most unguardable players in this league. How this coaching staff fails to make this work is just crazy. Absolutely crazy. I still can't believe we gave McHale an extension. I don't mind them losing to the Warriors, no shame in that. They are very, VERY, good. But watching the sharpness of the Warriors vs the brain-dead Rockets was excrutiating.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i think the injuries are wearing him down. I think some people here thought we would get the "Orlando" Dwight and they always complain when they don't see it

13. oakdogg

Dwight did come through in the playoffs. At the time though, I kind of wondered if going to Dwight so much threw the rest of the team, esp. Harden, off their game. I also have to say Dwight is not capable of doing this now, and I'm not sure he ever will again, given the nature of his injuries.

14. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He is not overrated. Because, very few people consider him a top player at this point.

Overpaid? Yes. Overrated? Not so much.

15. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

He is playing hurt. It's obvious, his mobility has gone down significantly after he went out. During the first month he looked good. There is nothing else to say. Just look forward to the second half of the season. NBA's rigged anyway. If the refs are straight up, Dwight would be dominating EVERYONE. If you want I can send you my research. It helps me cope with the game.

16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Please do show us this acclaimed research. I want to be enlightened. I desperately want to think that Dwight Howard is still a MVP caliber player.

17. oakdogg

Since we're just cluttering up the GARM with multiple, redundant threads about Dwight, I'm bumping this classic. I want some credit for being one of the first to come out & say the obvious about Dwight and get pages of hate for it.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

You deserve all the credit and will get my rep.

I can't blame Morey for signing him. It was a bit of a gamble but you have to take it and hope the Orlando Dwight showed up. He did sort in the playoffs but don't pay a guy $20+ million to show up occasionally. He has way more to do with our struggles than Harden.

If only that Gasol trade (who btw is still a better C than Dwight and a far better fit with James) didn't fall through or we were able to get Bosh.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Poor Dwight has made hundreds of millions of $$$. I would assume had a date with a hot chick or two. (made some babies)

But hey you have a classic thread. Good job.