1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Somebody needs to get Steve Francis help...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eddiewinslow, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Asian Sensation

Kinda ironic coming from the same guy who's all over Schaub's knob.

0 playoff games. 0 wins.. A real Texan legend...

:rolleyes:

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

dave2000's best friend. :p

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, hopefully he also owns a few restaurants -- I hear those are awesome investments as well. And movies! Producing movies is a pretty sure bet. And maybe he bought some hedge funds based on sub-prime mortgages. Dude could be set for life!

1 person likes this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I dont know why Francis was being LOUD and obnoxious in a Subway restaurant.

I'm not taking up for Steve. Maybe he actually looked LOST because...he actually WAS lost?

I've lived in my current place for 7 years and I get lost on streets just 2 blocks from the house. I've taken a few taxis and the drivers who drive the area for a LIVING they STILL ask for directions.

Living in the city isnt a guarantee that you know all its terrain. Thats why GPS is so popular.

5. HombreDeHierro

haha why do people assume the worst all the time? such negativity

6. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Really? Are you just that slow? Someone just posted a quote of Steve being at a rehab facility....ON west Alabama......so I guess I was not being too far fetched with my assumption when I saw him

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember Stevie - There are STILL people out there that care ......Make the decision and go the distance. Care about yourself and reach out to them.

And check out Rudyard Kipling's "If".

8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

WTH,:confused: that same post I just QUOTED? Are YOU SLOW? Missing my comment that backed UP your effort when others came in voicing their NON-CARE toward it?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6612154&postcount=76

I looked at some dates wrong. I looked at the events being -> looking for directions ->THEN the confirmation of the rehab being the DESTINATION. But if he was ALREADY there, then still wanted directions there, then yeah thats plenty bad.

RELAX.

9. TISNF

TISNF Member

Steve Francis ****ed my mother and killed my father. Twice. Dude has issues. :(

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What's up with everyone knowing or having a story of steve francis and his apparently reckless lifestyle? lol.

11. txstate1117

txstate1117 Member

Some of these rumors have to be true. I have seen it firsthand in his demeanor and the way he looks lately. I'm myself was an alcoholic and everything that "seems" to be a problem is a symptom of alcohol or drug abuse. I saw some footage of a block party he recently held for Houston and he looked horrible and malnourished. I don't know why he just doesn't come out and say that he has an addiction and get it fixed. Stuff like that will do wonders and make you a man. And internet rumors are he just got out of a rehab for cocaine last month.

12. txstate1117

txstate1117 Member

And apparently he was looking for West Alabama because he was headed to rehab! Good for him!

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I used to party with him a lot back in the day when I had the club. Him and Mobley actually. Both great guys. Most of the times he was driven around Houston by his bodyguard. Where Steve was so was his body guard. So maybe he just never cared to learned the city when he was driven around daily.

14. 523744

523744 Member

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Everybody knows Steve

16. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Licensed Professional Counselor here and do a bit of chemical dependency work....I don't post much but I felt obliged since this relates to my profession.

Next time (or if anyone is in this position) if you believe a person to be under the influence and you are not a friend/family member who has some level of trust with the person, the best thing you can do to help is call 911 and let them know the situation. They are trained to handle those situations especially if they get behind the wheel. There's a real possibility of them hurting themselves or others.

That's the best way to help a person with an addictions issue. The only person that can truly help an addict is the addict himself. Most of the time they don't really want help but to just conitinue avoiding root problems with their drug of choice. That plan usually fails when they run out of money or people to use, hit rock bottom and then become the most motivated person in their life to get better. Unfortunately for people with means and fame like Steve Francis that could take awhile.

The best thing anyone can do for a person in that situation is to make sure they suffer relatively minor consequences for their actions before they have to suffer major ones.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Francis has had substance abuse problems for along time. There were rumors while he was still playing here. Sad situation. Probably not long for this world unless he gets help.

18. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

This is a sad state of a former Rocket indeed. But he needs to help himself first.

19. mgraye2969

mgraye2969 Member

Damn Stevie is one of my favorite Rockets of all time. He always played with heart and passion. He also took Yao under his wing and showed him the ropes. Good luck on your road to recovery Steve Francis.

20. verse

verse Contributing Member

Blue dolphins and Peruvian flake...