1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Somebody needs to get Steve Francis help...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eddiewinslow, Feb 6, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

No direct data, but everything I hear from friends in Houston that have run across him from time to time say he is on something serious.

My college roomate saw him about 5 months ago, and he is a probation officer in Austin, and knows a thing or two about drug addicts and basically said Steve was on something, and looked just like a lot of the addicts that report to him.

I am not surprised, but am saddened by it.

DD

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well what drug is he on, exactly? Seems like everyone knows he's on something but never say which drug. I've heard alcohol but there's always this mysterious drug. Somebody has to know....

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I got my own problems, so pardon me if I'm not too concerned about some millionaire's self-induced drug problem.

There are little kids in hospitals dying of cancer and we're supposed to care about Steve Francis and his silver Audi?

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The only person who can help Steve Francis is Steve Francis.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew Steve needed help a long time ago when i saw he and Mobley all cozy in Sacs 5th Avenue.

6. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Really? So you would have walked up to him and said something like:

"Hey man, I know you don't know who the hell I am but I would like to help you get off the drink and drugs."

Then you get knocked the **** out. You don't think other people know about it? It isn't like we just found out because the OPs story. People won't ever get better unless they help themselves. :rolleyes:

7. passdarock

passdarock Member

Overreact much.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If I had money I would act like I didn't give a **** either.

He's Houston's Charlie Sheen and I wish I could be sippin' on Tiger blood and driving an A8.

9. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I hope you're kidding?

When you go eat a $5 sandwich the last thing you expect to see is a former NBA all star starter walk in looking messed up like Charlie sheen on a binge and not know where the hell West Alabama is when you're on westheimer a block away and you've lived in Houston since 1999

I was shocked
    My buddy eating with me was shocked
    The guy standing in line was shocked
    The Cashier was shocked

you're clearly that 1% of message board posters that has to routinely be an a-hole.....you made your point, look how many other people care. I hate to make predictions but from what I saw, Steve looked just terrible and if he doesn't get help soon, he could be a statistic

10. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

11. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

One former Terrapin for another.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

It's troubling that a dude in his late 30's looks like he's 55.

13. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Ding, Ding, Ding!

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

its weird how he and cuttino took such different paths...i wonder if it was cuttino who sort of kept him in check during his years here and right after? Maybe it's just bad company.

15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I saw him get punched @ El Patio (Brazos) last summer. He got into an argument with some mexican guy (they seemed like they were buddies) & got hit in the face a few times, left on the floor. Nobody seemed to care he got hit.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

looking at his recent twitter pics, they don't look like they belong to someone with a big problem......maybe it's not as frequent as it seems? I mean, he even seems worried about calories and/or eating healthy. Maybe there's some drug use involved, but what about sleep deprivation? Maybe he's too busy, looks like he's got a lot of stuff going on in his life.

17. Nook

Nook Member

As a young player Francis was wonderful with the fans. I met him a few times and would sign multiple autographs and items, interacted with the fans and even bought the employees lunch. I think there is more to the story... you can look at Francis' stats and see when the "situation" changed.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Late 30's? .... dude is basically the same age as Kobe. Francis easily could still be playing at an all star level at his age. I don't have any inside information, but he peaked at 25 years old... and was on the cusp of being a top 10 player... go look at the statistics... he was getting 21 pts on 15 shots, 6 rebs, 6 assists, 2 steals a game... and still raw as hell.

19. Prince

Prince Member

no one's happy...

[​IMG]

20. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I gotta echo the same sentiments of Clyde in person. I've seen him at different "quite" bars off of West Gray and Westhiemer a few times, and the second/third times he even remembered my name and bought our drinks. He also sat with us the last two times and LOVES talking, and he's always smiling. Just gets a little sleepy eyed after a few. Good guy.

Sucks for Steve, but I just don't feel to sad who doesn't care to conquer their own demons. Enough is enough, take control of yourself and quit ruining what is left of your family and life.