1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Some Rockets firmly believe that Ilyasova would nicely complement [Howard and Harden]"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Yeah, but you said that Morey had the hope KJMCD would be stealing Brewer's time with no real good chance of a deal to trade Brewer, especially now with the hard cap invoked. There is no way Morey would completely back himself into that corner. If it happens, it happens, but no chance that was the plan.

2. PJ86

PJ86 Member

So old thread bring back day?

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's right. One more mediocre rebounder at the 4 is just what we need.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If we just want somebody whose a lights out shooter we should go for Toliver.

5. Sanity2disChaos

He is not needed on this team anymore.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I would do it but mostly because I have almost irrational faith in KJ McDaniels. I don't think Brew brings anything KJ can't bring. It will take KJ 10-20 games to adjust but after that I see no reason why we would keep Brewer on the books for $8m.

Getting a stretch four with a team option next summer in a year where D-Mo is just recovering from major surgery and is likely to play a lot of backup 5? Cherry on top.

I like the idea a lot. Detroit would be sporting a much improved team, I could see that squad fighting for home court in the East. Bucks I'm sure would love to ditch Illyasova and don't really need cap space seeing as it's unlikely a major FA would sign there + their core is already well stocked with great talent.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol wut.

8. malakas

malakas Member

yea I laughed. :grin: The reason he was ditched was DUE to capspace needed to attract a major FA. But I don't blame him for not knowing. A lot of transactions happened and it was in the middle of the finals too.
    Ersan is 30 but I think this being his actual contract year and being in a system that suits him perfectly will have a good year. And then SVG will give him a big contract and he will destroy his team's capspace. And the next year Ersan will be awful again.

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Ilyasova was traded for absolutely nothing this offseason. If we wanted him he'd be here already. But apparently he's the new Kirk Hinrich, where people won't stop pining for him until he's literally a corpse.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Same deal as Morris. If he gets Josh Smith-ed, fine. The West is an arms and the dude can play, BUT he's by no means a significant upgrade and clearly not worth surrendering contracts/assets at this point.

11. eman

eman Contributing Member

I still have that wet dream about Ryan Anderson now and then-- the one where his shot is, you know, wet.

12. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see any major changes to the roster unless Morey can land a major upgrade. You try to leave the roster as intact as possible considering their impressive playoff run. With that out of the way, I expect either D-Mo or TJ to get dumped before they become FA.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think this team is set until the trade deadline.

14. Handles

Handles Member

Agreed, and I'm ok with that -- I'm not at all interested in Ersan.

I wouldn't even be surprised if we sit tight at the deadline. It all depends on our performance.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ffs HAVE SOME FAITH IN DMO! he played out of position almost 90% of his mintues last season and still put up good numbers for a scrub having a brekaout year. dmo is the future pf and lord have mercy if he can play near an all star level, rather than just a 12/7 role player

16. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Ambitious, "ingeniously" creative, and ridiculously far fetched trade ideas like this do nothing for me. Life is too short to talk about stuff that's never going to happen. Has anybody on here ever gotten lucky and guessed on a 3-way trade that actually happened? This sh.... belongs in the d*mn Random Trade Ideas thread to be analyzed by the 13 year-old Morey-wannabes!

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

never will be an All Star but he will be a good player, people over rate him a lot