1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Some Positivity] Addition by Subtraction

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Jul 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn. Dude at the start of next season the Western Conference Finals will have been two seasons ago! Move on. The rest of the league has.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

So let me get this straight: +/-'s are just an arbitrary metric, but counting wins and losses isn't? Counting wins and losses is one of the laziest and least effective arguments one could possibly make when trying to evaluate a player's impact. It ignores a multitude of variables and sounds like something a 12-year-old would say. Requires almost no thought or substance.

This isn't difficult: the crux of your argument was the Rockets were "SIGNIFICANTLY" better with Dwight off the floor the past two seasons. Clearly, that's not true. +/-'s tell us that's not even remotely accurate; while common sense tells us he helped lead us to the WC Finals last year.

Salty? No, I just believe in giving credit where credit is due. Sports fans are fickle, and here we are coming off of one of the most disappointing seasons in franchise history. Dwight has been everyone's scapegoat. The larger point that I'm making here (and have made in other threads) is I'm able to remove emotion and look at this situation objectively. He gave us three seasons: two were great; one as a disaster. It doesn't mean we have to be bitter and butthurt. I wish him well and have already moved on.

#42 baller4life315, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016