1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some Perspective

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Johndoe804, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

National politics are a charade. When I read this forum, I see a bunch of fools arguing about crap like how often the President holds cabinet meetings, or what Mitt Romney does with his tax returns. None of that matters. I'm more concerned with the corrupt system we're directly governed by. I'm concerned with the corrupt legal system -- legislatures, courts, police, and lawyers -- working together to making a mockery of law and order. The people's courts don't interpret how the law should be applied on a case by case basis. Legislatures do. And they decide what the punishments should be. And because of this, we punish the poor and the innocent, and let the rich and corrupt abuse the system. We have teenagers being labeled as sex offenders for trading nude pictures with other teens their flirting with. We have children being harassed for having a lemonade stand without the proper business permits. We have a system where lawyers, police, and courts are all benefiting from a system that turns innocence into criminality, and industriousness into immorality. To me, these are the most serious and important issues that we face. The guy sitting in the oval office isn't going to change this. The folks begging for your vote won't change this. Looking over Mitt Romney's tax returns won't change this. None of that matters.

2 people like this.
  2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

perception is reality
    this is all we know
    help us to see the real truth

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

What you are witnessing is a complete and total lack of leadership. We need change, as this situation is just out of control. There is no trust in government at all. The national mood is one of anger. Four more years of this administration and we might have a CIVIL WAR -- that's how fed up we all are.

We need a responsible leader who has executive leadership experience. We need someone who has had success in business as well as who has worked in a bipartisan fashion to govern in the public sector. Mitt Romney fits the bill well. It's time for a change. Throw the incumbent(s) out.

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

LOL! The only reason Mitt fits the bill is because he has an R behind his name.

The truth of the matter is in November the people of America will be voting to eat dog **** or cat **** and we'll get one or the other. The problem is either way, we'll still be getting ****.

The problem is that people blindly follow behind those members in their group regardless of what others in the group do. They defend them even when they are wrong and try to place blame everywhere but the source. There is no compromise or caring with or for the other side of people's opinions under any circumstances anymore and if it is done you're automatically billed a traitor by your group. People don't realize that the people in Washington want to hold on to their 6 figure salaries and the ultimate perks that come along with the job while voting themselves raises and praises. They don't really give a damn about helping the millions of people who carry this nation on their back and suffer at the hands of the supreme ineptitude of those in D.C.

The sooner the general public realizes this, the better. Unfortunately, I don't think they ever will.

1 person likes this.
  5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You are absolutely right!

And there's more of us 99%ers than there are of the 1%.

Let the real class war begin! You better make sure you're on the right side.

7. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

OP sounds like Bane.

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

It's not the only reason -- the main reason is because he is a proven, successful leader in both business and government. This President is neither -- in fact, he's the opposite.

9. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

[​IMG]

...and when this BBS is ashes you have my permission to die."

10. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I hope people have posted more pictures in the Hot Olympians thread.

11. mc mark

I guess if shipping jobs overseas, closing business's, hiding your finances in overseas tax shelters and running MA into the ground financially with the 47th highest job creation rate in the nation is considered successful then I guess you have a point.

go figure

12. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

"Shipping jobs overseas" was fact checked to be a lie over and over again.

Romney was a turnaround expert at Bain Capital. He took struggling businesses that would have gone broke without him and turned them around. This is perhaps the toughest job in business, and he built an incredibly successful track record of growing businesses, creating jobs, and delivering profits to his investors (union pensions, state endowments, insurance premium payers, etc). Even Bill Clinton called his career "sterling". And Corey Booker was 'nauseated' by the attacks on Bain. In the early 2000's dozens of steel companies went banksrupt. Bain invested in one, and it didn't work. That was a true outlier in his portfolio. The rest of the story was an incredible success. Anyone who knows anything about business acknowledges this. And anyone who doesn't, latches on to the Obama campaigns lies and distortions on this issue.

Massachusetts had something like a 4% unemployment rate when Romney was governor. That's full employment. Job creation statistics in that environment are meaningless. He also balanced their budget. Obama has failed miserably on both of these fronts.

TRUTH TO POWER

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Romney may be brilliant at increasing return on equity in corporate structures that are inherently dictatorial and class-based and which ignore and repress any semblance of full stakeholder participation or free speech, but that's irrelevant to being a good public servant.

Hopefully, Americans are not interested in having a CEO or being treated like corporate employees.

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

“Romney reduced unemployment to just 4.7 percent.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ng-leadership/2012/06/12/gJQArQUQXV_blog.html

Truth indeed.

15. mc mark

TJ wouldn't know truth if it b****slapped him. That's why he was banned for 3 years. No telling how many different monikers he's had on here.

16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Well, now you are just pulling guesses out of thin air. My leave of absence was purely voluntary. I was never banned. Caught lying again, mcmark. You never had cred, but now you definitely do not.

17. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Funny how this devolved into exactly what I was decrying.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Serious issues produce no drama...and no easy answers.

::shrugs::

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Pretty sure there's more to the governing process than can be documented from third-party commentary, human interest stories and Law and Order SVU subplots. Crack open a Congressional Quarterly, hit a city planning meeting every so often, donate to some PACs and ditch the Denis Leary MTV circa 1990 act.

1 person likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They've been bred to be this way, it's hard to think outside the issues which the media frames for them. Who can blame them, the media shows them whatever excites their brain the most, good or bad - such that the absence of that excitement makes them disinterested and the presence of that "my brain is challenged" feeling irritates them.

No one wants to talk about the fact that Obama and Romney are virtually indifferent on issues that matter and totally different on issues that don't matter. Who cares what they do in their personal time or where they were born, these are public servants meant to serve/