1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some lady tried to steal my friend's 3 yr old son at Costco

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockbox, May 17, 2012.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My good friend was in Costco today and had her 3 yr old son in the shopping cart. She turned around to talk to the sample lady for less than a minute, and when she turned back around, the shopping cart was gone. No one saw where the cart went. Needless to say my friend freaked out but was level headed enough to run to the front of the store to tell the manager. They locked down the store immediately and searched for him. They found him in the cart in the back aisle of the store. He didn't even realize that he was missing because he was looking at an avengers book the whole time.

That afternoon Costco called her after looking at their surveillance videos. They said a brown haired lady push the cart right after my friend turned around. She went around the meat area and was headed towards the front door. At this point, the store was being locked down, so she immediately turned the cart around and went to the back of the store and left the cart. Unfortunately they did not get a good shot at her face.

I'm just happy her son was found. If my friend didn't run immediately to the front of the store, I fear that the lady would have been successful in her abduction attempt. I know this stuff happens but its crazy that it happened to one of our best friends in an upper middle class neighborhood. My son and her son play together almost everyday, and my wife was invited to go shopping with them this morning. Crazy stuff.

#1 rockbox, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  2. droxford

droxford Member

Holy crap? Which Costco was it at?

3. rockbox

Great Hills

4. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Wow, that's scary stuff. To turn away for a second and your son is gone, I don't know what I would have done in that situation.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Crazy & scary indeed. Glad your friend's son is safe, was found safe.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

What is wrong with people...unreal.

7. rockbox

Luckily Costco only has one very small exit, so it was really easy to lock down.

8. VanityHalfBlack

How did she go to the back of the store without any of the Employees knowing??? If everything was locked down in result of an emergency and a lady is seen going to the back door, wouldn't the employees notice?? Maybe she is an employee herself or the custodian lady?? I shop at Costco all the time, where the heck is the back door???

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Miss read it? She was headed to the front door. But the place went on lock down so she pushed the cart to the back to ditch the cart / kid.

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Jesus H. Michael, this place and these new threads are making me like

[​IMG]

11. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

That is why you should never avoid the noisy carts with the ****ed up wheels. That's weird that she didn't even hear the car being pushed or anything. The sample lady didn't see or say ****? Maybe she was in cahoots with the abductor.

12. droxford

droxford Member

Glad she and.her son are safe! She and the store manager did a great job.

Normally i would bash the mom for not watching their kid closely enough, but i know how easy it can be to just take your eyes off your kid for just a brief moment at a store like Costco.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

He just said she went to the back of the store and left the cart there. I assume she then walked to the front of the store and excited unnoticed once the lockdown was lifted.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

bigtexxx would get so pissed at his driver if he let this happen to his child.

1 person likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

If I was the store manager I would of kept the store on lock down after the child was found... called the cops, let no one exit and have the cops look at the surveillance video and find the b****.
    Though I give props to the mom for some quick thinking. I know some mothers that would go on mental breakdown mode.

16. VanityHalfBlack

The front door is located in the meat area?? That's one weird shaping Costco, did he meant the front door/entrance??? It's usually where the customer service section is near the front door... The meat section is usually in the back of Costco, no???

17. rockbox

She did a U-turn. Took the cart through the meat area, and headed towards the front. Saw the store was getting locked down, and headed to the back of the store and ditched the cart with my friends kid inside.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Austin of all places...

19. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

whats with all the crazy women down south who steal babies or who kill their kids?

i wonder what the common denominator is with these women.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

****in A man... I go grocery shopping with my neph and neices all the time. We run around and sometimes hide from each other. Definitely not doing that **** again.

**** you bad people. I hope these people would get hit by a train.