1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some Jazzhole blog: Lack of a true rival

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dakeem1, Sep 14, 2010.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

http://www.utahjazz360.com/jconger/lack-of-a-true-rival/

I just thought i'd share as it mentions the Rockets. I just find it rediculous that the Jazz can pass us off as not a true rival. TSK TSK!

2. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Nothing any Jazz fan says should be taken seriously.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Grammar, that's their true rival.

1 person likes this.
  4. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I enjoy/put up with our homerism, but when another city does it, it looks worse. :p

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well our rivals are the other 2 Texas teams.

The Jazz aren't important enough to be considered as any team's rival, especially not now.

6. Raven

Raven Member

He's conveniently leaving out a couple of important seasons. I wonder why?

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Reading this thread title reminds me of the question why the jazz hasn't changed their team name. As a kid I used to be so confused what UTAH has to do with jazz. They should change their team name to the Holes (as OP stated).

8. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

Now that Booz is gone, the jazz have the lack of a true team.

9. albuster

albuster Member

This has just added to the excitement of the coming season. I would really like to savor the feeling of the Rockets finally beating up on the Jazz again after a little hiatus.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They got Al Jefferson to replace him and he smokes us every year stat wise.

they aren't in our division and they've beat us the last 3 times we've seen them in the playoffs. sounds like a one sided rivalry. :(

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Just because we view them as a rival doesn't mean they have to view us as one. We view them as a rival chiefly because they beat us a lot, the Jerry Sloan flopping method, and other things that make us feel like we got screwed or almost got screwed (the infamous Utah shot clock). We may not have given Utah fans a reason to dislike us in the same way.

He might be right that there hasn't been as much of a rivalry in the past decade as there was in the 90s. Our hatred for them has endured while theirs has faded, much like our hatred of the Sonics in the 90s has been largely forgotten.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

LOL, what dust?

I'd like to see them dust off those rings they won when.... oh.... wait......

NEVERMIND! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  13. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This! The Jazz really have NO room to talk. Years and years of Stockton and Malone, but no championsip! I personally believe that there is a rivalry still there between the Jazz and the Rockets, now if those ignorant Jazzholes fail to see it, then thats them.

This year we'll MAKE them see the rivalry.

14. limitlessRox

limitlessRox Member

Meh the Jazz aren't worth it. I love the San Antonio games against us. The Jazz always goes something like this: AK flops. Boozer does something. We do something back. Repeat. BORING!!!

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I hate the Jazz with a passion and all but what did the blogger say that was so dastardly? Those fools have beat us in 4 straight playoff series and there is uncertainty about Yao's return, so there is still question about the team as a whole. He did give credit to Dream's Rockets as he stated they would constantly "beat them down" until the shot from hell, which is basically true. Until Yao comes back and shows he's returned to or close to his all-star level and the squad beats their A$$ can we honestly call it a rivalry?

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

dude is probably to young to know better.

If he wasn't younger than 35, he'd still hate us as much as we hate them, I suspect.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that they call it, "the shot" makes me sick to my stomach.

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I don't want to say that he's exactly right, but he makes some "good points" about the Jazz moving past the Rockets years ago to where the Rockets aren't a true rival to THEM.

The Jazz need a rival more than the Rockets need THEM, though. Rockets already have the regional rivalries in place, and even had New Orleans contending as a rival in recent years. Really the whole league might be their rival. No one wants anything to do with them.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

That was the most stupidest piece of trash I have ever read.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:eek: FAIL.

That is a well written sentence, sir. If you were to STATE that the subject has the object, it would be reversed properly by saying "[the subject:]They have [the object: whom]" and whom as an object is properly placed. :p

Examples:
    Who was your grammar teacher? Your grammar teacher was [ a person's name ].
    Whom did your teacher have in that class? Your teacher had [whom] in that class.

1 person likes this.