1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some interesting D-league news

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by kingkow, Dec 24, 2006.

1. kingkow

kingkow Member

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/184254,CST-SPT-fight23.article

Storey punch leads to serious injury

December 23, 2006
    BY ROMAN MODROWSKI Staff Reporter
    Martynas Andriuskevicius, whom the Bulls recently assigned to the National Basketball Development League's Dakota Wizards, is lucky to be alive today after being punched by Awvee Storey, a Proviso West product and Wizards teammate.
    The altercation took place during practice Thursday. The 7-2, 240-pound Andriuskevicius, 20, spent Thursday night in intensive care in Bismarck, N.D.

''He has a skull fracture, severe concussion and a two-centimeter hematoma on the left side of his brain,'' Andriuskevicius' agent Herb Rudoy said. ''They've been monitoring him because they're concerned about seizures.

''From what I'm told, when he got hit unexpectedly, he went out cold instantly and fell right back on his head.''

The 6-6, 225-pound Storey has been suspended indefinitely while the NBA and NBDL investigate.

There's also been a police report written, according to Det. Dean Clarkson. But Clarkson said Andriuskevicius does not want to press charges, making an arrest unlikely. Clarkson said the investigation is pending.

''Awvee's a terrific kid,'' said his Chicago-based agent Mark Bartelstein. ''They had an altercation in practice, and it's really unfortunate.

''I know Awvee feels terrible about it. It wasn't a situation where he just attacked the kid.''

One source said Storey said something to Andriuskevicius, who went over to Storey and got punched.

''He's lucky he's not dead,'' Rudoy said. ''But I think he'll be fine.

''He won't be playing basketball for a long time. They have to be very concerned about his skull fracture healing.''

Rudoy expects Andriuskevicius to be released from the hospital in the next few days and return to Chicago for further examination.

Bulls general manager John Paxson called Andriuskevicius on Friday morning, and Bulls doctors are monitoring the situation.

Storey and Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas were arrested over Memorial Day weekend in Miami Beach for refusing to obey police. The charges later were dropped.

rmodrowski@suntimes.com

Wierd....that guy got punched but doesn't want to place charges on Storey? WTF?

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The more interesting story to me is Azubuike is tearing up the league down there. Either that league is crap or the dude can ball, one of the two. He is extremely efficient and high scoring.

3. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

4. stangend77

stangend77 Member

in between, azubuike i believe is legit nba material.............but he is no superstar. just like charles barkely said "chucky brown aint no superstar" :D for those of you who have no idea what i am talking about you have to go back a ways. all the way back to when being a rockets fan was bliss.......this quote was in responce after the rox began to come back against phoenix in 94.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was tearing it up in summer league as well. Best individual stats, by far, per-minute. I had hoped he'd do more for us in the preseason.