1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some beef between Tmac and Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbyang

sbyang Member

If you check the history of All star voting, 'surprise' voting swings are very common. Look at what's happened to Vince Carter the last couple of years. It always seems that the 'right' person gets in for the league. If you want a conspiracy theory, start with the league office.

As far as your assertion that Mcgrady is mad at Yao because a group of people Yao couldn't control chose not to vote for Mcgrady? most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Reading his recent comments, I think Mcgrady is relieved not to be hogging an undeserved all star spot. He's already been ridiculed as 'half man, half a season' by his peers, imagine the ribbing he'd get from them if he made it. Nobody wants Mcgrady at this game, not the fans, the media, his team (wants him to heal), Mcgrady himself.

2. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

It's an all star game, Mac has played in plenty. It doesn't tarnish a guys career because he played or not and we know he has that talent, so who gives a rats behind what lame wanna be fans think about a game not even played in their country.

I know I could give 2 cents about the CBA's games.

3. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Chinese men give the best, soft, sensual "hugs" (if you know what I mean ;) )

4. sbyang

sbyang Member

This thread has 20 votes and a 1.2 average, 24 total stars. One possible combination is 19 1 star and 1 5 star vote. I wonder who made the 5 star vote, lol.

5. roxwin

roxwin Member

I am Rox fan from China .there are millions fans love TMAC in china,also millions fans love YAO. they might fight for one which they want him to be the leader,but one thing for sure is : THEY WANT VOTE BOTH OF THEM INTO ALL STAR.
    First thing: Rox win
    Next: All Star

6. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

T-Mac did not want to participate in this years ASG because one, he did not feel he deserved the accolade (the injury bug). Two, he wants to use the time off to keep his conditioning up and be better prepared to help launch the team after the ASG. This is a non-issue.

Check out chron.com/sports either today and or yesterday and you'll see what people on here who share my POV mean.

7. drich

drich Member

what is really sad is this is the only part of the thread that has some damn truth behind stupid asss thread

8. marciagong

marciagong Member

For your information, those AI fan got help from other fans, especially kobe fans. They just united and voted like crazy for the past week, right now they are celebrating their success and teasing Tmac 'proudly'.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

This thread fails spectacularly.

[​IMG]

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

This is a terrible thread. Really, leave this gossiping back at High School, these are grown man playing.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Well at least they helped Tmac since he doesn't want to go anyways. He can nurse his injured leg.

What I hate is seeing AI going to the All Star game instead of Chris Paul or Steve Nash.

12. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

never ever trust anything you read on Sina.com, those are all bull*****

13. theREALDEALkid

i don't think T-Mac got outvoted at all, because last year he said if all star weekend was in New Orleans he didn't wanna play, but i think David Stern didn't wanna change the rules for T-Mac, so to stop conflict he just tossed Iverson in front of him..IMO

14. peterrkim

peterrkim Contributing Member

is that really why tmac didnt make the all star team

15. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Rfila

WHO stupid fans in China will visit/surf sina board/BBS?? Genuine basketball fans won't visit such crap BBS/forum in China. They visit BBS at hoopchina most, and then a lot of them visit YMM and Clutchfan site.

If you read articles in sina.com, sohu.com, tom.com, 163.com or yahoo.com.cn, NONE of the articles/commentaries there brought up this conspiracy theory of yours that the voting swing of Allen Iverson toppling Tracy McGrady was mainly due to Chinese fans hating TMAC and revolted against TMAC and voting him down.

Most of the commentaries and articles in the various Chinese websites said the main reason for Tracy McGrady not making the All Stars was due to the fact that he opnely said he did not deserve to be an All Stars starter due to his injury, that he missed 1/3 of the season, that he had yet to return back to his competitive shape and form. That was the chief reason for the voting swing towards Allen Iverson.

The commentaries/articles also said being a NBA superstar like Tracy McGrady, having been selected to be All Stars for 7 times consecutively, he does not need another meaningless All Star starter spot. Even if he could be selected MVP for the All Star show, it is meaningless, because he does not need another such worth-for-nothing personal honours. He had already been twice the scoring champion in NBA.

What matters most to Tracy McGrady now is that he needs more rest, work hard on his rehabilitation, gets back into his top form as soon as possible, gels/adapts into the Rockets systems, leads the Rockets to sneak into the playoff, gets his 10-year monkey off his back and advance further into the playoff than Round 1.

And the All Stars weekend is just the perfect time slot for doing that.

So YES IMHO, this is only your conspiracy theory and making something out of nothing. :rolleyes:

16. Winrockets

Winrockets Member

Actually Sina doesn't write articles, it is just a place where articles about news, sports, entertainment etc... from lots of newspapers or news websites are put, so actually most articles are accurate. It's just when people start posting things from forums or random (not professional sportswriters') people's blog as "news from Sina" that make people think Sina fakes and writes articles. I got this from looking up Sina on Wikipedia so if I'm wrong then sorry! :)

17. rfila

rfila Member

Thank you. At least you confirmed what I said. Whether anyone cares or not, I did not spread rumor. It is a fact. I was simply talking about the fact and try to give an explaination. I did not know so many guys are in denial mood, get their emotion way beyond reasoning. They seemed first assume this this a Tmac bashing thread and vent their anger accumulated for a long period for whatever reason.

18. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

I'm not sure of the context, but did anybody think that being iso'd meant isolated down low to get an easy shot opportunity?

19. marciagong

marciagong Member

But what I said has nothing to do with Yao, it's just AI fans.

20. rfila

rfila Member

It is one of the most rediculous things indeed. Normally, when you knock on people, you have to have something to back up your claim. And I do not know where you get my assertion, certainly not from anything I have posted on the net. Man, can you slow down and make sure what is being talked about before your attack, at least find a target first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.