1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some beef between Tmac and Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

I've noticed it too. In the 4th quarter of the last Seattle game McGrady airballed a layup attempt but Yao got the ball back and got an and one. McGrady didn't congratulate Yao at all for turning nothing into something. He just gave Yao the 'whatever, im the man' stare.

2. rocketman1979

a hug goes a long way

[​IMG]

3. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Your so-called "force" and 100,000 difference are the same thing if you know what I mean. You are suggesting that the votes from Chinese fans altered the results. You have no ground to support your assumption here.

I couldn't care less how CNN project the next USA President but I think you paid too much attention to the words in some Chinese fan forums.

4. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Agree. Why can't we all have passionate hugs..?

sincerely,

[​IMG]

5. ikarus

ikarus Rookie

Sometimes being politically correct isn't something you should overlook.
    stuff like "This is my team. It's on me..." doesn't help anybody's popularity in any place in this world.

6. rocketman1979

I wish I knew how to quit you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D

7. rocketman1979

8. rfila

rfila Member

I think I know what you mean and I do not think you know what I mean. the reversed trend has bigger meaning than just the number, and the number itself is too big to be fluctuation. number and words are two different things, but they serve the same purpose: find out they "force".

BTW, this is not a Tmac bashing thread. I just post what I beleive to be true. I could be wrong, and I hope it is wrong. The button line is, I am a Rockets fan. I see some problems and I post them on our fan forum.(if no problem at all between the two,there is still a PR problem regarding this. After all NBA is a business, and fans are the key) I hope no one get offended.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The internet can be a powerful and enlightening tool that people can use to learn and communicate with one another. Unfortunately, the # 1 use of the internet is masturbation. Your thread further points this out. We don't have to see evidence that you are jacking off, ok? Just have your "thoughts" in the privacy of your own home and leave us out of it. Sincerely,

-Houston Rockets fans

10. rfila

rfila Member

Wow, that is scary. You represent the whole "Houston Rockets fans" and you decide who is/is not HRF and decide where who can/can not talk about what. don't you ever feel tired about being judge and police at the same time?

11. Coca Cola Scola

Should Tmac make out with Yao in center court every game to prove that there's still love between them? :D I see them interact during the game and on the bench, they're fine... They've been buddies for a long time and back then it was brand new so of course they would be talking all glowingly about each other (but that can get old after a while)....now they're like an old married couple already used to each other.... the fact is Tmac has been injured and Iverson is extremly popular. Iverson has gotten a huge number of votes every year, so Tmac would have had to keep up a torrid pace in the regular season to not lose ground to Iverson.

12. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

EXACTLY !!

IMHO, Iverson picking up and replacing Tracy McGrady as starters for the NBA All Stars had NOTHING to do with votes from China.

If the votes from China REALLY affected the NBA All Stars voting results, do you think Kevin Garnett will still be the top votes getter amongst all the NBA stars? Do you think Yao Ming would only get 1.7M votes? Do you know how many Yao Ming fans in China? :rolleyes:

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Once I saw the word Sina and "iso-ed", if you want to call that a word. I quit reading so this thread will be "iso-ed" by me.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Good job Chinese fans ISO ing Tmac from the all star game, his knee needs the rest.....good thinking.

DD

15. dookiester

dookiester Member

if only tmac found out the "force," he could have used it and would be starting in the all-star game. alas, the "force" was not with him.

16. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

The sad part isnt the Tmac and Yao "drama."

The sad part is that the fans voted AI in instead of Chris Paul or Steve Nash.

17. marciagong

marciagong Member

I can tell u why. The Chinese medium has been bashing Tmac like crazy lately, which I believe was induced by that 'iso' rumour. In my opinion, they are too protective of Yao, and they want Yao to lead the team. What a bunch of clowns.

18. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Chuck Hayes. Get it?

I'm here all night folks. Try the veal.

19. marciagong

marciagong Member

I don't. What Chuck has to do with this?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

You know what, this could be nothing (probably) or it could be a changing of the guards.....where Yao assumes full leadership.

Personally, I hope Yao is taking over, because Tmac sure as hell isn't any sort of leader.

DD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.