1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ah yes because I collaborated with Khomeni. Yep those were some wild times back in the 70’s.

Perhaps if the US and UK hadn’t propped up the Shah Khomeni might not have had has much support as he did. Or if the US hadn’t first supported the Muhjajadeen and then completely abandoned Afghanistan after the Soviets left things might’ve been different.

but either way I’m still pretty sure I can have a beer in the UK, Germany, or any part of Europe or the US that you’re freaking out about Muslims moving into.

Xopher likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

As usual, leftists are always blaming the West, instead of the actual evil ideology of Islam. Just like blaming Israel, which is the victim of Islamist aggression - for the Islamist aggression. Same predictable playbook, every time.

But "I could drink beer in a Muslim country". You probably also "have a black friend". So it's all fine then.

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And your playbook isn’t predictable?

Again though you still can’t point to anywhere in Europe or the US has actually gone Sharia from Muslim immigrants. I like beer but beer is haram under Sharia yet I can point to several Islamic states where I can drink beer. Also from your own history you’ve been to several
    Islamic states like the UAE where I suspect you’ve drank alcohol or at least saw plenty of people do with no repercussions .

Xopher likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His post was histoeically accurate about Iran

Xopher likes this.
  5. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't know ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS had that much power either. As usual ATW turns every thread into an anti-Muslim thread even when Muslims have nothing to do with the thread. I'm waiting for a Trans Muslim Suicide Bomber. Then he will really get his rocks off.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Being able to drink beer or not is not the main problem with Islam. Ask the gays who have been murdered under the rule of Islam, ask the girls who have been deprived of education, ask the girls who have been lashed, ask the millions of women who have been forced to veil by "religious police", etc.

Your dumbass posts talking about whether you could drink a beer or not don't change anything about that.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

They voted for this so yeah, pay up.... Vote Trump next time...

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Is she an illegal immigrant?

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Drinking beer isn’t the main problem with Islam but you don’t get what making a point by example is as it is a very visible example that is easily understandable.

Even taking the rest of your post there are no religious police forcing women to be veiled in my neighborhood in Minneapolis and I doubt you can point to a place in Europe or the US where Muslim immigrants are forcing those things.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes I did and it was legal too. Now
    Did the incident you are showing happen in the US, UK or in Europe and was it legal? Did Muslim immigrants actually get a change in the laws to make this legal?

Xopher and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Not for a lack of trying - certain things will only be enforceable after reaching a majority and taking power.

But there are certainly attempts at intimidation already.

https://www.opindia.com/2020/06/sharia-law-minneapolis-minnesota-antifa-usa-george-floyd/

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...ing-and-gambling-walk-FREE-from-court-Germany

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

And is drinking and gambling banned in those places?

Asking for when I have a beer and place a bet in the next Timberwolves Nuggets game.

again though yes there certainly are people who want to impose Sharia law just like there are Christians in Minnesota who want to impose Biblical laws. Neither are getting anywhere with that. In fact the Minnesota state legislature is debating expanding legal sports betting.

This is the point. Muslim immigrants are not anywhere near close to imposing sharia. The majority of themselves have no interest in imposing Sharia.

To add. This is a frequent problem I see with not just yourself but many others across the political spectrum. You get hung up on rhetoric and often from the most extremist of those who you don’t agree with and act as though it’s what everyone in that group thinks or is going to actually happen. Rhetoric matters but it has to be put in context with what is actually happening.

#4435 rocketsjudoka, May 8, 2024
    Last edited: May 8, 2024
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They weren't close to imposing forced veiling and all the other crap in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran just a few decades ago.

And all this time, there were apologists from the left like you who would have said

[​IMG]

17. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I would argue the Christians are much closer than the Muslims.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't want to live under a government ruled by Islamic law then don't. I won't even step foot in those countries, even if a white woman without a hijab, her Jewish husband, and her daddy and wife (Ivanka, Jared, Melania, and Donald), along with plenty of white golfers, tennis players, businessmen, and tourists go to Islamic ruled countries often without being attacked and beaten. We aren't going to live under Islamic rules here in this country. That's the least of my concerns. We also have separation of church and state.

There are plenty of rulers who didn't rule by the laws of Islam, who were pure evil, and have committed mass genocides around the world. Some of the most evil of all times were white Europeans and Asian rulers. They turned all their countrymen into savage and barbaric killers, who tortured and killed millions. Those types often justify it as ethnic cleansing, or whatever twisted reason they come up with, but a lot of their reasoning stems from some type of hatred of others, racial prejudice or religious beliefs.

Whether it's extremist religious types, power hungry evil types, or racist and homophobic leaders, they will justify their evil. Do you think guys like Putin and Kim Jong Un are incapable of harming others through their laws and enforcers? They are masters of manipulation and injustice, and feed propaganda and lies to their people. Those type leaders are the kind of guys Trump idolizes.

Nothing good comes from seeing only the bad in a group of people, and painting a picture of those in that group who live peacefully, and don't harm others as the same types. It's the extremists you should fear, and not the whole group. There will always be extremists, killers, and psychopaths, and they come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. Truth is, we are better as a country without some leader who spreads hate, bigotry, and discrimination to justify their rule of law. Nothing good comes from it. Millions of immigrants are fleeing those type countries for that very reason. As long as we have a leader who believes in democracy, and believes in justice and equality for all we will be fine. But, all it takes is some manipulating lying con to strip that freedom to choose away, and start ruling more like the evil tyrants around the world.

#4438 deb4rockets, May 8, 2024
    Last edited: May 8, 2024
    FranchiseBlade and Xopher like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thank you, this is a good post.

You are right that plenty of evil has been done in the history of the world in the name of all kinds of other ideologies than Islam, and you gave some correct examples of it.

You are also right that this should not be - and it is not - about seeing only the bad in a group of people. I understand that this impression repeatedly gets triggered by my posts.

Please let me clarify (again) that posting examples of how a problematic ideology manifests itself in the actions of some people from a certain religion does not mean that I only see bad in all people who happen to follow that religion.

But it is just common sense that the more people who have been indoctrinated with a backwards ideology you allow into your country, the more of the problems which come with that you will have.

Up to a certain extent, a stable society can absorb that.

Up to which extent, that's a question that should be allowed to be discussed.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I also think we need to worry just as much about the dangerous ideology brewing in our own country right now from Americans, joining up in hundreds of hate groups of all colors, races, and religious beliefs. We don't need a leader who embraces ANY of those groups, and right now we have many politicians doing just that.

AroundTheWorld likes this.