1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's very hard for Asylum seekers to be granted asylum in the U.S. But they are allowed to seek it and apply.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

My mother moved from a then 3rd world country (Korea) to Germany at age 20, in search of a better life (she is now 77), so it's not like I cannot relate or feel empathy.

But she, like basically all the immigrants from the same country, also always respected the laws and values of the country she immigrated to, never relied on welfare benefits, and didn't place any other ideology above the constitution and laws of the country she immigrated to. She also did a job (nurse) where there simply weren't enough Germans to do it at the time. I can say with confidence that if all immigrants were like her, only those who are xenophobic beyond reproach and without any basis for their sentiment (a tiny percentage of the population) would have a problem with that type of immigration.

tinman and Corrosion like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

A lot of first generation illegal immigrants do blue collar jobs like construction, work in restaurants, work on roofs etc. That doesn’t make them non productive though, as those are hard jobs and we need them filled - and their children often move up the social ladder as well.

As for the illegal European immigrants I know - they typically do trucking, other blue collar work and bartend.

They all typically work very hard in my experience.

Kicking all these people out of the country would have severe economic and social consequences- a lot of these people have been here a decade or more.

I am supportive of increased border reform - but the folks here aren’t going anywhere.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Germany is completely lost.

tinman likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

When I went to Texas State weird Christian dudes would stand on campus yelling about Christ and would women in skirts sinners and sluts.

People suck. Put on your big boy pants and get on with your life.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, not the same. I guess you haven't traveled much. Won't fault you for lacking proper perspective when most of what you know is just Texas State.

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@ROXRAN
    @Salvy
    @CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul
    @blue_eyed_devil

thanks Biden !

murdered by an illegal immigrant
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...man-charged-with-murder-reportedly-confessed/
    Romero’s bond has been set at $2 million.

Because he is an undocumented immigrant from Mexico who overstayed a visa, according to ABC 13, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) placed a detainer on him.

The arrest of Romero came four days after Medina was found dead in her bathtub by her mother in the small Southeast Texas town of Edna, which is about 30 minutes east of Victoria.

9. glynch

glynch Member

Such blindness. Do you know anything about welfare in the United States?? What ideology above the Constitution?. What makes you think most immigrants do not do jobs Americans don't wan?. Talking about having an ideology. lol

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Again I can’t speak for Germany but most immigrants to the US are exactly like that. They are hard working and follow the laws. In fact most stats show that immigrants regardless of status are more likely to follow the laws.

The nature of the our immigration policies doesn’t incentivize cooperation with authorities to deal with crime. One argument made by local PD’s is that often crime is harder to solve in immigrants community because of distrust of many over their immigration status. This another reason is why greatly increasing legal immigration will make us safer. If less immigrants worry about being turned over
    To ICE they will be more likely to cooperate with LEO in other situations.

#2770 rocketsjudoka, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve travelled a lot and I think fears of Muslims
    Imposing sharia law in places like the UK is overblown. While there certainly are Muslims who are outspoken and want sharia Im not seeing them having much success in the UK.

The biggest influence I’ve seen of Muslims in UK is a lot shawarma and doner places.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not for complete legalization of drugs but I agree that relying on enforcement doesn’t work. De criminalization could work for some drugs along with legal but highly regulate markets. I also think we need to focus on treatment far more than we do now.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

In the US I think we have far more to fear of the Christian Right injecting religious dogma into government than we have of Muslims imposing Sharia.

We already have people in Congress including the current speaker challenging the principle of separation of church and state.

Nook likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

My state senator keeps lying to people saying the founding fathers created a Christian nation and wants Christianity taught public school…. While he sends his own kids to private school.

ROCKSS and mdrowe00 like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

16. Kim

Kim Member

Nook, Andre0087 and Amiga like this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Member

FBI are the secret police of the regime

is there any political opponent of Biden that isn't a target of a three letter agency?

AroundTheWorld and tinman like this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Member

this is by design

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Why isn't that lazy ass Biden passing legislation to address these underfunded departments!

JuanValdez likes this.
  20. Commodore

Commodore Member