1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

To reiterate if our immigration policy was more in line with the actual reality there would be less willingness for those who just want to come here to work to go to human smugglers and come here through legal channels. More
    Resources can be then directed to to stopping things like fentanyl smuggling.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

You are just plain ignorant dude. Seriously, I try to have an intelligent conversation with you and you resort to childish videos like that other boy Salvy. I don't think I've ever seen you carry an intelligent or honest conversation in here. No wonder I often put you kids like you on ignore most of the time. You can't even carry on an actual intelligent conversation, or even attempt to.

In reality, It's you and Salvy who are just like the nutjobs in the videos you share. The only different is those people are far left wackjobs, and you are far right racist bigotd just posting stupid stuff because you lack the skills to communicate, and just seek attention for acting stupid. You just want to put everyone in the same category because of your inability to use critical thinking skills or read. Even ATW acts like no Muslims are peaceful. Not all people are bad dude, because of skin color or religion. There are extremist Americans, drug dealing and drug smuggling white men, rapists, pedophiles and sex trafficking white men too. There are plenty of White Nationalists and white extremist groups in Florida and Texas. Ignorance.

Back on ignore dude. I tried to discuss policies, but you aren't mature enough for me to waste any more time with. Either of you.

#2742 deb4rockets, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Survivorship bias - Wikipedia
    Most planes are shot in the wingtips or the very center, because of those that we see damage on, that's where the bullet holes are, right? None of the planes are shot in the engines or the cockpit. It couldn't be that the CBP data is based on the least effective form of fentanyl smuggling (those who are caught). It would be better to determine which methods were used by the smugglers that actually get the fentanyl to market (which is unfortunately unknown, because they don't get caught). This of course doesn't prove that the opposite conclusion is true (i.e. that most smuggling is done between ports of entry), merely that the data set that CBP and ICE are using to prove their assertion is incomplete and could lead to erroneous conclusions.

We could substantially reduce drug smuggling with one simple step though, legalize drugs. How much alcohol is smuggled into the US across the border? How much tobacco? Sell fentanyl and heroin and cocaine and meth at Wal-Mart and you will wipe out the cartels and smugglers. You don't see gin cartels killing people all over the place, though you sure did when alcohol was illegal.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@Salvy

woke people like drugs
    Cartels bring drugs

everybody likes the nba and eating chicken

6. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, it's hard to prove an exact number. My whole point was that you have a group of ignorant bigots who put all immigrants in the same category. There are drug smuggling Americans, murderers, pedophiles, and sex traffickers too. There are plenty of good people who are desperate to find a job, live safely, and escape fear and violence, and I'm for giving those vetted ones that chance. I'm also for instant deportations if they abuse that opportunity.

As far as drugs, legalizing highly addictive or potentially fatal drugs like meth, or cocaine, or fentanyl solves one problem, but creates another huge set of problems. Doctors prescribed millions of opioids legally in the first place, and millions of Americans became dependent on them. Legalizing those type drugs is enabling millions more to become drug addicted wastes of themselves. It's bad enough having drunk drivers, but honestly, do we want millions more adults becoming hooked on crap like that because they can buy it legally, try it, like it, then become highly addicted? They won't sell it cheap either, so once people can't pay for their next fix you'll have more young women and men selling themselves, or committing crimes to get what they need. Who wants more parents, working adults, driving adults, or adults with kids methed up, coked up, or in a fentanyl zombie state?

I think free rehab, and mental healthcare is essential to help them overcome their sickness, inside and outside jail. It's the most important step for those addicted. Providing a legal market of drugs just enables more people to become addicts. I say keep them illegal, but make penalties much stiffer for small time dealers, and I think big time dealers should be put to death honestly. I think doctors abusing the system and prescribing opioids like candy should be put in prison. I feel sex traffickers should be put to death. They don't deserve to live. The sickos paying for kids and human slaves should be put away for life in prison in a high security mental hospital.

#2748 deb4rockets, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

I'm all for expanding the entry process and vetting to allow a lot more people in who are seeking jobs. If the process was made easier and smoother we probably wouldn't have millions trying to enter illegally. It's a mess, a huge problem, and there has to be a better way to help the good people, simply desperate to work and escape fear and violence get an opportunity to contribute in our economy and work force.

As far as breaking the law goes, it's crazy how you can run for President in this country, and be the favorite candidate from a party as a law breaking criminal though. I'm all for restoring the law in this country, and holding Presidents, former Presidents, politicians, and white collar criminals to the same standards of law as everyone else. I'm sick of a two-tiered justice system, and so much corruption at the top. Every single criminal should face the same standards of justice. That being said, a single criminal leading our country, or corrupt politicians making decisions that affect all Americans can do far more overall damage than criminals without any power.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I understand what he is saying - but we are also a country where a lot of people have illegally entered the USA and they became US citizens illegally or their children did. There were Italians and Jews and Irish they illegally entered the USA and later Mexicans that entered the USA and received amnesty from Ronald Reagan.

So entering illegally is in many cases an American tradition...... currently most are from South America, but there are a fair number of Chinese and Koreans that do. Before 9-11 It was a common thing for Irish men to come to the USA and overstay their visa, get on a plane home in the summer and come back for the winter in places like NYC. A friend of mine is an illegal alien from Ireland that is middle aged and after 9-11 couldn't get back.

The issue isn't even the illegal aliens that are already in the USA, they are not going to be deported in mass. The issue is having a way paved for citizenship and having an agreed upon bipartisan effort to tackle immigration going forward - but we wont get that because everything is too politicized.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I appreciate the genuine sentiment.

But I think the assumption "if there were more legal ways to immigrate, illegal immigration would probably go down" is overly optimistic at best.

Realistically, these two types of immigrants go into entirely different buckets.

Very small anecdotal sample size, but I'm the kind of immigrant that will create hundreds of jobs and bring benefit to the country in terms of improving access to certain crucial services.

I certainly wouldn't have crossed the Rio Grande in my birthday suit if my visa application had been rejected.

In 99.9% of the cases, those who cross the Rio Grande will likely not be the type of immigrants who would have been chosen by "the system" (or they could have taken the legal route).

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

There will always be the outlier feel-good stories ("from dish washer to millionaire"), but let's face it, 99% of illegal immigrants (at least in the first generation) will be mowing lawns or something similar - best case scenario. Sorry if this sounds arrogant, it's not the way I mean it, just calling for some realism here.

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

This is why I think they should change the system. Make it easier for immigrants willing to work construction, landscaping, and all the other service and labor type jobs where workers are needed, and demand is high to get approved into the country. There's a demand and often free training in many industries where they can't fill the labor force. Hiring children in dangerous jobs like farms and factories isn't the answer.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Those that are seeking asylum are legally allowed to do that.

mdrowe00 and deb4rockets like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I have always struggled with the whole concept of an unlimited legal right to seek asylum, not because I do not morally agree with the idea behind it, but if in theory 1 billion+ people fulfill the requirements, how can a country of 80 million people (like Germany) promise asylum to all of them without any capacity constraints?

A famous German tv reporter said "If you allow all of Calcutta to immigrate - you become Calcutta". But then, those who are trying to escape their current circumstances are no better off than before, and you have greatly worsened the quality of life for the incumbent inhabitants of the asylum-granting company, which will surely lead to social unrest.

It seems like overpromising and inevitably underdelivering.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

So what? I guarantee they will be happier in a country not run by cartels, ridden with fear and violence, or starving because they can't find a job to feed their families. Many end up opening restaurants or food trucks, and many more end up opening their own businesses with other trade skills. They just need opportunity for a better life than what they had, and a better hope for their children or they wouldn't be so desperate. Unless you've suffered to the extent of many of those people you can't possibly understand their situations. Honestly, there are millions of Americans who don't give a damn, either from lack of empathy, racism, or fear of what they have been led to believe are all drug dealing rapists and murderers.

19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you. There have to be limits when there isn't space or enough jobs. That being said, we have space for miles and miles and miles compared to a little country like Germany.

Screenshot_20231211-185224.png

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

True - Germany is smaller than Texas!

deb4rockets likes this.