1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It's not about "living in fear of all Muslims", it's about not wanting society to become more hateful against Jews. And as we have seen with all the anti-Jewish demonstrations and outbursts by Muslims worldwide after over 1,000 Jews were killed in one day, it's an undeniable fact that the higher the percentage of Muslims in your society, the more anti-Jewish the sentiment in your society.

[​IMG]

So if you increase the percentage of Muslims in your society, you increase anti-semitism (or negative sentiment towards Jews, if you want to split hairs and come up with the old excuse that Arabs are semites, too). That's just a fact.

You also make your society significantly less tolerant towards LGBTQIA+ people. Another fact.

This is not even about fear (although it is also a fact that your risk of terror attacks goes up with more Muslim immigration). It's about what kind of society you want or don't want.

I don't want a society that is hateful against Jews, and I don't want a society that subjugates women, and I don't want a society that is hateful towards gay and lesbian people.

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I would be pretty happy if my society were more like Hakeem Olajuwon who became more peaceful after dedicating his life to Islam, Sadaf Jaffer, champion of woman's rights, or Yousafzai Malala who championed education for females in the face of the Taliban and is a Nobel prize winner.

Andre0087 likes this.
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

wheels continues his stunt...

Astrodome likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Berlin

tinman likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

And in the US the largest attack on Jews was by a right wing extremists at the Tree of Life synagogue and the most legal opposition to LGBTQ is from the Right. The US politicians you support have pushed laws restricting discussion of LGBT topics and oppose gay marriage. Frankly I don’t think you’re an honest voice on these issues.

And yes Islamic culture isn’t friendly to those groups either and I would certainly oppose any attempts to impose Sharia law in the US. That is not a realistic worry even in Minneapolis where my US Rep and city councilman are Muslims. I worry far more about the Republican Minnesota politicians who have said if they are in the majority will restrict abortion and other cultural issues.

Also just noting the irony of a post suing it’s not about fear of Muslims and then posting a bunch of stuff of why Muslims should be feared.

6. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Make Illegal
    Illegal
    Again

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

Closer to home...

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t uphold Japan as a bastion of multiculturalism considering they still discriminate against ethnic Koreans, some of who’s families have lived there for generations.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Speaking of imposing religious and cultural values. As I’ve said my neighborhood has a lot of Somalis and there is a mosque not too far from me. A block from the mosque is a Jehovah’s Witness Church. Only one of those two groups has tried to convert me and said that I should follow their religious edicts.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

They definitely aren't, but I think that was the point of that tweet.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

tinman likes this.
  13. glynch

glynch Member

It makes you wonder if ATW is fanatically pro Israel as he sees them as so islamophobic and right wing.. The wierd ferocity is sort of reminiscent of Germanic fascism.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Just tell them you believe in the Annunaki
    The ancient Mesopotamian gods
    They were there before all the other religions
    Who are really aliens who created us cause they need dumb slaves to mine gold

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously a planned invasion of military age men? In that very pic there is a guy who looks like he’s at least in his 60’s. Next to him is a guy with a visible guy. There is also an old women.

At this rate it wouldn’t surprise me if next time I cross the border someone post a tweet about me saying “Dangerous Chinese Martial Artist infiltrates US!”

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Ooh chemistry and biology backgrounds.. I suppose when my dad came here he was part of an invasion too since he was a grad student in physics. One of his friends from college also came here too with a dangerous chemistry degree that he used at his job in Exxon.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Did your dad cross the border illegally in a large group?