1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solution to Fronting?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Butterfingers, Nov 25, 2007.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

Yao: Why you frontin' me man? Why u frontin' me!?

It's the most effective way to take him out of the game, and I don't see Yao learning how to stop it or teams stopping it anytime soon.

2. James23

James23 Member

If half of the times failed, 50% of times was bad passes made by his teammates. Many times, they forced the ball into him even though 2-3 guys were surrounding him. Plus, the passes weren't accurate.

You can throw a lob pass to him if the other teams are not focusing on him.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I have noticed. I have also noticed that outside of Shaq, Yao is probably the biggest and strongest player in the league or at least one of them. Yet I constantly see 6-7 dudes get that fronting position on him with no problem. Truth be told it seems fairly easy to get that position on Yao. Yao needs to get better at using his size and sealing off that initial defender.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Punch the defender in the face when the refs are not looking. This really works.

5. James23

James23 Member

6'7" guys can front guarding Yao because often they get help from their teammates. In addition, there isn't a lot of room for him to operate.

I think he has to do is to put one of his arm on his opponent's chest and open up and raise his other arm & hand, a target for his teammates to deliver him the ball.

After catching the ball in the front of the rim, he MUST THROW IT DOWN.

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What does their teammate have to do with Yao allowing the initial defender to get position directly in front of him and put Yao on his backside? There is enough room for the 6'7 dude, or whoever else, to get the good position. Why can't Yao put them on his back more often?

7. magicwind

magicwind Member

I can't agree more on this. Luther Head, 7 out of 10 times he tried to pass to Yao, it was either blocked, stealed or passed to the wrong side and got stripped away. The rest 3 time he did a "in your face" jumper and hit nothing but air.

8. MONON

MONON Member

I'm gonna mention this and hope none of ya'll die laughing. :D

When Joe Barry Carroll was at Purdue, teams fronted him. The guards threw the pass high off the backboard. JBC grabbed it like a rebound and dunked it.

I think that's worth a try here.