1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Soldier Beheaded in Southeast London in Terror Attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigBird, May 22, 2013.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is why Americans>>>>>>>>>>British...

Two jack____ came to terrorize our nation in Boston and the country as a whole didnt sleep till we caught these f'er...

Two madmen on the streets of London attacked a servicemen, and people just looked in disbelief...

If that ish happened in NY...I could imagine that these social degenerates would have been trampled upon...

#religionofpeace ...

smdh

2. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I could not believe this reasoning until I talked to some of my family in London. They said either the people weren't aware of the situation or they simply didn't care. They must of seen a lot of horrible crimes to be so desensitized.

3. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

Obviously a name change is extreme, but there needs to be a new testament or something similar with some modernized views involved. Yes these people were crazy but the fact is they always try and find a loophole to deem their acts "acceptable" even though their acts are violent.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That lady :eek:

5. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

NY? ****.. they'd feel right at home and probably get benefits. Cops there are busy copping feels on citizens and busting kids for 20oz sodas. Citizens would be standing around doing the same thing as in the UK,probably posting videos on youtube or updating their facebook status instead of stopping anything, since no one is armed except criminals (NYPD). If in Texas.. I bet they don't get out alive. Props to the brave lady.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

One hundred and nine verses in the Quran command true Muslims to kill the infidel. Are these people wild radicals who are not following the "religion of peace" or are they "true believers" who are following their religion to the letter?

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Man, religion is ****ed up. Some more than less, but all are messed up.

I know this is more a crazy people than religion issue, but religion plays a huge role.

Yes, you can be religious and not crazy, or not religious and crazy, or any combination thereof, but wouldn't it be nice if the major religions of the world put a LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT more effort, institutionally, into policing themselves and promoting peace and harmony? Child rape, jihad, gay bashing, gender discrimination, etc, etc, etc.

I'm not discounting the good that is done. But institutionally, we're talking about groups with ENORMOUS amounts of influence and capital. Heaven forbid the church elects a pope that says "leave gay people alone and and all you pedophile priests, you're out immediately and we're turning all information over to the police..." ...

/end rant

poor guy, and his family... and his 2 year old son. ugh.

8. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

That would be unneccessary as the religion is complete and comprehensive. Even if a new testament was implemented (which is contradictory to the principles of the religion in the first place because no one has the authority to do such a thing), who's to say that lunatics won't find a loophole to commit violence afterwards.

For the most part, those who do such violent acts do so from other circumstances, usually political, and more often then not erroneously use Religion/scriptural verses that were CLEARLY SITUATIONAL and apply that to every situation, disregarding the context of said verses.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Where did you hear this?
    I know several folx in the NOI and never heard this Spaceship thing
    :confused:

Rocket River

10. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dtiVP-E2eFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So has anyone pointed out that the reason this was committed wasn't his religion?

He stated why he did it: foreign policy.

It is not due to Islam.

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why didn't people do anything during the 9/11 hijacking? I doubt people would have done anything in new york. Those guys had knives. In texas someone might have shot them.

There is a famous article about how people in NY didn't do anything while a women was getting murdered:

Thirty-Eight Who Saw Murder Didn't Call the Police

http://www2.southeastern.edu/Academics/Faculty/scraig/gansberg.html

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don't understand why this is terrorism. Looks like cold blooded murder for a vendetta. Cartel murders would be called terrorism too then.