1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Soldier Beheaded in Southeast London in Terror Attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigBird, May 22, 2013.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

"HATE" crime, then? Still, the motive isn't something to just point at one person, it's calling other movements. :eek:

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

religion of peace, not representative of Islam, lone actors, etc, etc,

/headinsand

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

sounds like cold blooded murder.

Just gruesome and sad, how long did it go on and why didn't anybody shoot them earlier?

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

He wasn't shot earlier because just like cops everywhere.. they are reactionary. People couldn't shoot him because UK has no CCL and have draconian gun laws. They probably could have stabbed him though if they had a knife I suppose but since he had a hatchet that probably wouldn't have been a good idea.

Welcome to the new norm. unfortunately.

5. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I don't think the cops showed up until later. I don't know about the CCL laws anywhere else, but in Colorado you still wouldn't be able to shoot the dudes unless they made a move toward you. That's not to say you shouldn't, just that you will probably have to prove your case in front of a jury at some point.

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

The police arrived on the scene did not have guns, had to call for armed backup and that took 20 minutes to arrive.... in the center of London.... at mid day.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

desensitized to killing period
    religious or not. . . .

Rocket River

8. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Islam is totally ****ed up no matter what race who follow it. It's a religion that preaches on hatred.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

This guy has like the heaviest Brit accent and he is crying on about **** back in his own country?

The British government should deport his ungrateful ass back to wherever he is from and torture his ass over there.

10. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

Not cool Bebop. Islam has nothing to do with this lunatic's actions, if anything his actions are a visual representation of everything Islam forbids.

"Whoever kills a person, except as a punishment for murder or spreading mischief in the land, it is as if he had killed all the human beings on the surface of the Earth and whoever saves a life shall be regarded as if he saved all the human beings on the surface of the Earth." (Quran 5:32)

The guy clearly has issues and thought it was brilliant to air his frustrations in this way rather than a civilized manner. To me, he isn't a Muslim at all, he's a piece of s*** and better off dead than living.

1 person likes this.
  11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Here come the cheap shots at Islam

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I am curious who you get if you dial 911 in Great Britain?

13. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Fundamentalist Islam needs to be wiped out completely. Same goes for the rest of the fundamentalist religions. But this can't be done with only violence.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the paradox is violence only feeds it. If there was anything to get someone to turn it would be the drone attacks that kill a kid's parents/family in front of his eyes when they are sitting quietly in their house. That kid will grow up hating the U.S for what was probably a mistake. The only way to stop all this is through reaching out, love, and education.

This guy is just a complete lunatic, me thinks bathsalts or something.

15. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Yes, you have to win the battle for the hearts and minds of these people. We should have been trying to do this a long time ago. Our government is always a step behind when it comes to these things. It continues to be very detrimental.

16. Classic

Classic Member

Hakeem doesn't strike me as a guy who'd do this. Mixing politics and religion is the recipe.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It is a terror attack because the purpose is to strike terror into others so that they behave in some way. Thus the reason for the video and gruesomeness of the murder.

18. thegreekdbag

thegreekdbag Member

Yes........ mixing politics, religion, propaganda, and angst = fundamentalist whackos

19. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

off to the DD

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

What a horrible act of violence, it makes you sick to your stomach just hearing
    about it, I can only imagine how the people who are responding must feel.

I agree that violence begets violence! While I agree with you that reaching out
    would be the most logical way to have genuine long lasting results, I am not
    hopeful this will occur!

As long as their are resources human/natural to be exploited the conflict will
    continue. Our presence their which is purely for financial reasons threatens the
    stronghold that religion has on it's followers, and the Imams will never relinquish
    their power or authority.