1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sofa King disgusting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LonghornFan, Jun 9, 2016.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Barbaric and primitive is more accurate! :eek:

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Wtf. I was looking to buy a used sofa.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

A disgusting one?

4. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Reminds me of this classic Chris Rock standup:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aVb6VHvCupw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

maybe he thought they were discusting buying sofas?

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i agree. i think it would have have been fine if he just gave her a good slap/smack to calm her down or he could have restrained her after she first started hitting him, but obviously this guy took it way too far.

no way would i just stand there and take a beating though. man or woman

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Part of the problem is that we're so trained to think that men should never ever hit women that some women think they can get away with anything. Women will do and say things to a man that they never would to another woman for fear of getting their ass beat. Not that women should be afraid of men, but there needs to be enough fear for them to realize that if they assault a man that he could very well hit them back. Men shouldn't hit women, but women shouldn't hit men either. Nobody should be hitting anybody.

Both of these people are in the wrong. I actually don't blame him for finally snapping and retaliating, though he should've walked away, but he went way overboard. She's stupid for tempting fate by hitting someone much larger than her 20 times and not expecting repercussions.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

If my wife just started wailing on me I'd probably just take it because I'm not going to hit my wife. Plus, I know her and I know she's not crazy. If she's doing this it's because I deserve it or because something is off with her mentally, in either case striking back would be a terrible idea.

But if some random lady starts attacking me - and for some reason I'm unable to just get away, and/or grabbing her to restrain her wouldn't work - then yes I might hit her.

Now, if after a hit or two she backs off, then I'm done and I leave. I don't keep going with the intent of making sure she doesn't get back up. Obviously, that's where the guy in the video went from "making a mistake" to "being a terrible person."

I think just about all CF is on the same page that hitting a woman who is gently hitting you should be a last resort and avoided if at all possible.

How about these scenarios though:

A woman you don't know jumps your wife and/or kid(s). What would you do? And I don't mean like a catty slap here and a hair pull there (which are bad enough), I mean like a full on beat down.​

(I'm just guessing here because I've never been in a situation at all like this, but...) I think this situation is harder to predict. My wife is the kind of person who is often labeled as "too nice" so it'd be hard to see a woman attack her. I wouldn't be shocked if I responded in an overly-aggressive way.

If it were my kid? That b**** is going down hard. Hard. A beat down followed by a choke slam and power bomb.

(Disclaimer: The above tough-guy talk from CF poster Haymitch should not be taken seriously, as he is hardly a fighter - hence his reference to wrestling moves above. Anyone on CF who has met him in person can confirm he would be unintimidating in any scenario, and if he did "hit" someone the damage wouldn't even be that bad.)

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would never hit a woman. It's how I was raised, and it's a code in which I believe.

Obviously others have a different code.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would not ever hit a woman either. The one caveat is if you are injuring my son in some way. At that point I will knock you the f**k out.

A long time ago I was being hit while I was driving. I pulled over we were out of the car. I thought I locked it and walked away to go get my girlfriend's friend to sort out the situation. I came back and my car Wasn't locked and she messed up the inside very bad. I learned my lesson and stopped dating girls that acted like that. Problem solved.

11. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Playing devil's advocate, what if the woman was bigger and stronger than you :confused:

12. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I never hit a woman in my entire life but I will make an exception for the BT-1000 .....although I may get my ass kicked by the DSE version.

https://youtu.be/8-2XTKILZOc?t=2

13. likestohypeguy

Idk about the laws there, but in this country I will in always retreat, run away if necessary if a woman assaults me vs defending myself.

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Instead of getting into an argument that leads us nowhere, can we just leave this thread at "larsv8, Caesar, and Bäumer: Cool with Beating Women"? I mean, isn't it sufficient to just leave it at that?

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, Ray Rice knows how to throw a punch.

16. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think dude was in the wrong (she was in the wrong too, obviously). But when he hits her, it appears she hadn't been hitting him for a bit, and the guy grabbed her, then just starts throwing haymakers. Bit excessive in my opinion. A shove when she was hitting him, so that he could walk away would have been enough. Those types of punches are things meant for other men who are trying to harm you.

17. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Suprised there hadn't been an MF Doom reference yet

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jiKz650hIOM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I cannot believe the 'she deserved it' commentary.

What he did is never ok. If you think it is, you need therapy. Sorry, but that's the way it is. If they are in a relationship, what he did is domestic abuse, assault, and he should go to jail.

Yes, she shouldn't have been slapping him, but the choice is for him to walk away, or call the cops etc.
    From my watching of the video, it appears he has done something which has angered her, and she is giving it to him, and then tries to leave (he prevents her getting in the car). It appears he is trying to tell her that he loves her (maybe he cheated on her?) - but she isn't interested. When he sees it won't work out he starts throwing the haymakers.

Again, what she did isn't ok, but what he did is far worse.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

What if he took her down with a double leg and put her in a rear naked choke

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Some deplorable "humans" here condoning beating of women and even going as far as saying they would do it