1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Social phobia/Low self-esteem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCity3, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I always feels that people won't accept me because my accent(there were people making fun of me when I first came here), so I just decided not to talk to anyone anymore. Now I'm regretted because I never did practice enough English speaking skill...

It has been 5 years and I only have one or two friends who I feels comfortable to talk to.

Today everyone else is signing yearbook upon highschool graduation, as my yearbook is still blank besides the comment from a teacher.

I'm just a huge loser in life, though I really want to change myself from being this way.

I don't want to contemplating suicide every other days, and the conflicts with the stepmom(never wanted to call her that) isn't helping as well..

I know that I shouldn't care about what other people thinks, but I seriously don't have any confidence. It would be a huge challenge for me in September as I will be in university, where the environment is a lot different.

Sorry if this thread is annoying/whiny/irritating.

5 people like this.
  2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Keep ur head up!

1 person likes this.
  3. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

I was in the same boat.... Im very shallow. When people say "friend" I take that so seriously. Only one, maybe two people outside of my family in the WORLD I call my friend, and would trust with my entire life....

Besides people at work, I talk to no one besides you guys. Don't feel bad, youre just deeper then you realize.

1 person likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

Maybe if you were more trustworthy, you would find it easier to trust others.

To the op, highschool sucked for alot of folks, you're not alone. You're young and will go through many hardships, just remember, you can always improve your situation if you're willing to put in the work.

1 person likes this.
  5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Look forward to the University. You will meet new people that won't judge you by something as silly as an accent. Don't worry about it, just keep MOVING FORWARD. I was a fat antisocial loser when I came to college, but met some amazing people and changed my lifestyle. Everyone has the potential to be something better, just find something that motivates you to improve and follow through dude!

1 person likes this.
  6. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

pics of stepmom

1 person likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Op,

Stay strong, everyone matures and grows up at a different pace, college has a lot more diversity in people, find a group that has similar likes and join in, put yourself out there.

Honestly, be strong, you have a lot to offer the world, just don't wait on the world to try to figure it out for you, do it yourself.

Good luck, and stay strong.

DD

1 person likes this.
  8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The great thing about college is that there are others exactly like you, socially and ethnically; and a great many more who won't care at all.

Get a practical major like engineering, computer science or accounting, keep your grades way up, learn to play golf and learn how to dress conservatively, and save your money to start getting your hair cut at a stylist or something. And join the professional associations in your major, and any multicultural (asian)* or math/science major fraternities.

*Even if you're not asian.

9. s land balla

s land balla Member

Republican?

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

suicide makes no sense (unless you are terminally ill or something and want to go out on your own terms).

life can improve at the drop of a hat, and eventually it will. keep holding out hope that it will, and figure out how to optimize your chances of it doing so. go to a counselor if need be. there is no shame in that.

2 people like this.
  11. New Jack

New Jack Member

1 person likes this.
  12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Let me repeat that. I'd recommend doing that even if you don't think you 'need' it. It sounds like you need to talk to someone and not feel judged while you're doing it. That's what counselors and therapists are there for. I'm sure you can find one to see at your new school, likely for free.

1 person likes this.
  13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

No, but I work in the administrative part of the business side of the energy industry; and I see who's getting all the trading and management jobs 2 - 3 years out of college. Not the ones taking zoo tours during industry conferences.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

College is a great chance to reinvent yourself
    most of the folx you meet. . won't know you
    so . . .
    They will beleive whatever you say
    as long as you act accordingly :D

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pm me so we can go out.

Ill teach you how to cut through the dance floors,approach females,drink, talk to any girl,dick slang,use the camoflouger (smoke), defuse fights, low ball the pizza guy,....hehe

On the real man, I know how you feel. A couple of classmates that have a hard time communicating with people and I try to help them out a lot by making them say hood **** and making them laugh. You need to break out that cycle. Beer does wonders.

1 person likes this.
  16. Hammer755

Hammer755 Member

Just keep being yourself. Eventually the people around you will mature and realize it's who you are and not how you speak that's important.

1 person likes this.
  17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

You sound like a total badass.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You really think thats badass?

I feel badass now thank you.

19. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

IMO, life is about building character, but at your age, you need a confidence boost. I suggest building your body up. Start with a goal of X amount of pushups a day, and make sure you retain form.

20. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Member

it gets better. for what it's worth, it really does. school counselors are great. a lot more folks than you probably think partake in some sort of therapy. exhaust your resources. they are there. just be honest with yourself and don't be afraid to ask for help.