1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SOCIAL MEDIA] Pearland sushi restaurant gets blasted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, May 11, 2016.

1. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

No personal experience but yet you know this goes on? I have never seen someone do anything seen in "Waiting". If they did they would be fired immediately

I like how you **** on entire field of jobs, some of which are well respected, and pay very well. I like the chilis line, that was good btw.

The quotes around professional chefs is a good one too. I've worked with and worked with people that were trained by some of the best names in the Houston food scene.

Yeah Caswell, Del Grande, Shepard are "professional chefs".

Don't confuse chilis and saltgrass with Underbelly and Oxheart. Maybe that is where this is stemming from.

I gotta go, just heard the timer go off for the southwest egg rolls.

2. bigben69

bigben69 Member

What is a mangement position? :grin:

I can't speak for others but I worked in restaurants for about 6 years in the kitchen and waiting tables. I never once saw anyone do anything to food though. Worst I saw was people stealing a french fry off of a plate or something. We had pretty strict guidelines to follow though. The line cooks sure did a lot of cocaine though.

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I think that's where you are in charge of checking animals for mange before butchering them out back.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

LULZ! If youre done name dropping, Id like to go ahead and tell you not every restaurant is a 5 star establishment.

Confusing Saltgrass with Oxheart? Yeah, thats what Im doing, cause you know, only fine dining restaurants serve good food. Still on that high horse I see... How do you check on those southwest egg rolls on that thing? You are a true talent.

Hahaha. As you can see, even a national establishment such as Chilis butchers hogs in the back. Without mange, of course.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL Sherlock you ever used a sink?

6. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

What a weird thread for this much butthurt.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I mean, you don't really know what they're serving you in a closed kitchen anyway...

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you have no proof that it was washed while we have proof that it was used. this is why it was very stupid to even attempt to use a restaurant tool in non-restaurant business. if his business fails it is his fault alone.

he was stupid enough to do this, he can also be stupid enough to not wash properly or before using again. also, what if someone else in the restaurant used the knife without being aware of what dumbass owner was doing out back. some lackadaisical approach due to lack of communication/knowledge could have occurred. what if he put knife in sink to be washed but someone else grabbed in and gave it a courtesy wash not being aware of what it was used for. bottom line i would never eat at a place that doesn't see the issue with something like this and if the business fails, dude can look in the mirror.

serious lack of judgement in a service based industry is a no go for me.

#108 ipaman, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The reason is completely irrelevant. I'm stupefied by how ridiculous some of you are acting.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Change the restaurant into a pork focused restaurant.

Problem solved.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This is such a dumb leap of logic.

No words. Just admit your line of thinking had a huge hole in it and move on.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

WTF? This kind of logic is comically stupid.

You do realize you could make that exact same argument about any chef using any knife in any kitchen.

1 person likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Yes, and I hope you carry on being whatever it is you are trying to be. I do not care.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You have no proof they washed those knives bro. Don't try to post here pretending you do.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I actually have video of those knives being washed.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Yeah but how do we know the owner didn't see the video before you and edit it to show the actual dirty knife as the one that's being cleaned. Did you have the tape in your possession the entire time? Some lackadaisical approach due to lack of communication/knowledge could have occurred in which case a restaurant employee could have doctored the video. We just don't know.

17. vlaurelio

Did any one get sick? Coz that what happens when cross contamination occurs of course you know that mr. Slime in the ice machine LOL

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

everyone attacking reasonable, logical, folks has 10-30k+ posts on an internet forum. what a bunch of losers!!! crappy losers keep defending a crappy restaurant owner, makes perfect sense.

19. vlaurelio

Lol didn't notice any one but if there are I bet only a handful of posters here are defending the restaurant owners. But I'm sure everyone who read your post are scratching their head and laughing at your stupid, idiotic, and void of any common sense "cross contamination" argument MORON!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

#119 vlaurelio, May 15, 2016
    Last edited: May 15, 2016
  20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I once ate a live baby javelina I found in my backyard.

Grow up!