1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Soccer] US vs Spain & 2011 Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Jun 1, 2011.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Did not know this. I retract my previous statement.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

EDIT: OK... then... never mind... ^^^ spoilered the next piece:
    :rolleyes: You can just say my name, yo. No need to be insinuating *****, man... that's how you create animosity.

I've said that, yes, but I've never said you sent bad players or a B team... check my posts. I've said that most of the times you've been invited there, you don't play your best. You even agree with me.

Compare that with Mexico's results: twice second place, thee times third place.

I don't agree with the team that's going and don't think we're sending "our best" and know the reasons why, now that DrLudicrous mentioned it, but I expect to have the team that's on the pitch to FULLY defend the green shirt and play their best... which will more than likely be better than what the U.S. has done in recent Copa Américas.

Back in November 2009, UEFA threatened to make Mexico decline the offer to be in the Copa América because they were against non-confederation countries being in tournaments (Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, etc.). In May of 2010, however, CONCACAF decided to allow Mexico to send only its Olympic 2012 London eligible players, and other five players. (http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/latinamerica/story/033110-mexico-to-send-olympic-squad-to-copa)

Anyway, here are more details on that scandal:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...emale-companions-raid-hotel-room-2304306.html
    LOL @ Jonathan Dos Santos. :grin: First he and his dad were crying about him not being named in the final squad for the WC2010... and now this.

#502 SwoLy-D, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. leroy

Checked your posts...

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3004431&postcount=88

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

OMG OMG OMG OMG... I just noticed you're leroy420. :eek:

Why did you drop the 420, yo? Afraid to be associated with some smokers? :grin:

Dude. Whether I said that or didn't, and maybe I didn't, it doesn't stop the U.S. from sending its best and playing the best in the Copa América. I can guarantee you that had the CONCACAF or UEFA not cried foul about Mexico going to the Copa America, we'd have our best out there...

Fine, then, I once said that you sent the B teams. I retract THAT statement.

5. leroy

Actually, you said it twice.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

SwoLy-D, just say you were drinking.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Now that is funny...right there...

DD

8. rawool

rawool Member

9. leroy

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

the FIFA rankings are a joke, never pay attention to them.