1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[soccer] an interview with Eric Wynalda, pre-Ecuador, notable primarily for...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Zac D, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

"Now what happens if Sunil Gulati gets off his ***** pedestal, calls Don Garber and says, “That’s it. We now mandate that nobody is allowed to name their team the Butterflies or Grasshoppers or the Little ***** Litterbugs or whatever they want to call them. And some kid in Idaho is now the Fire, he’s number 8. What’s the first question he asks his Dad? “Whose number 8 on the Fire?” How ***** hard is this to figure out? Why can’t we just take the Major League Baseball or NFL business model. NFL is the best, because they hit every home, and every game means something. Major League Baseball has hit every ***** household they could possibly hit, because they knew in the beginning if they took the hit, they provided the uniforms, and they say “welcome to the Astros”, then kids end up knowing who people like Terry Poole (sic) are. But these people don’t get it! They don’t get soccer."

http://fulhamusa.com/modules.php?op...e=article&sid=498&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Eric Wynalda + Terry Puhl = holycrapawesome.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

time out, time out.

he used the Astros as an example?

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I like Wynalda, he played in Germany for several years, he was a good player, and seemed like a good guy. It's still a mystery to me that soccer has not taken off more in the US. It's the best sport in the world - I think what soccer needs is a David Stern.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Eric Wynalda + liquor/alcohol/tacos = Thread Potential for CF.NET :cool:

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Wow :eek:

That was a pretty cool interview.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I dislike wynalda but funny he mentioned terry puhl. I went to school with Terry's son and he's now playing in the minors.