1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, you want to run with the Bulls ...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Grizzled, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

First of all, if you do you don’t have to go to Pamplona. There is a small town rodeo not far from Calgary that started its own running of the bulls a few years back. If you are thinking about it you might want to have a look at this first, however. This guy was apparently dodging one bull when he unfortunately cut back in the wrong direction.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lg39woN8EZs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lg39woN8EZs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The guy is in hospital with chest injuries, but he’s expected to be ok.
    http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Alberta/2008/08/04/6346571-sun.html

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Are they trying to raise awareness on breast cancer too? :confused:

3. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

There shouldn’t be a capital B on bulls, btw. That must have been some kind of subconscious basketball forum thing. :confused:

4. droxford

droxford Member

That guy's stupid.

Bull-runners are stupid.

5. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I’ve never been to the Strathmore Rodeo, so I don’t know what the pink is about. When I go I always go to the Calgary Stampede, which is what most Calgarians do, which is probably why Strathmore started their running of the bulls.

6. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I never understood the point in running from bulls. I mean, if you are going to run from them then just stay home. Stand and fight, dont be a puss.

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That's kind of like saying what's the point of wearing a parachute when you skydive?

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

LOL! :D

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

My favorite part are the guys who are laughing uncontrollably after seeing the guy getting gored. :D

10. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

No, bull-runners who cut back across and against the flow of the herd are stupid. If you're faster than they are, it's good fun. Running with the bulls in Pamplona last summer is easily one of the most exciting things I've ever done, and I can't wait to do it again next summer.

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Running with the bulls is the single dumbest idea ever conceived. Even dumber than trading for Scottie Pippen.

12. SeeingRocketRed

IMPOSSIBLE!

Nothing could be dumber than trading for Scottie Pippen.