1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So you can review made baskets...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cuddie, Nov 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. cuddie

cuddie Member

Why not review questionable calls?

Oh, right. The NBA has the only set of omnipotent officials that can do no wrong. You can't argue with them, you can't talk about them and you definitely can't laugh on the bench in the presence of one.

This league is a joke. I hope they address this issue with the new CBA.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

5 star thread.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Thanks NBA. I no longer want to watch your bull**** clown show anymore.

4. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Wouldn't be questionable if we hadn't had extremely piss poor 2nd and 4th quarters.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe if our guys ran the offense a bit better, and got the shots off in time, there wouldn't be this issue.

Or maybe if Rick Adelman would start playing YOUNGER players at least to give the veterans a rest, the team would have more in the tank in the 4th.

DD

6. cuddie

cuddie Member

The issue isn't losing, I'm not sure how you interpreted this thread as such. I'm simply saying that we should be able to review questionable calls if we can review questionable shots.

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

no sport is ever going to have replay for questionable calls. in and out of bounds, crossing the goalline, before or after the buzzer, fair or foul, we can review these black and white things. interpretation calls like balls and strikes, fouls, and penalties are just not going to be reviewable, at least any time soon.

as much as those 5 points being taken away sucked, those types of things are exactly why we have replay and it was used correctly, even if it hammered our momentum twice in one quarter.

1 person likes this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The rules were in place before the game started. If the Bulls had 5 points taken away like we did this thread wouldn't even exist.

Stop being a sore loser.

9. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I don't agree with how they are taking emotion out of the game, but if we were to get those two replays to go our way due to an opponents 24-second violation it wouldn't have gotten your panties in a bunch.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

I don't have problem with reviews. But I have a problem with taking away baskets after several trips later. I completely messed up our momentum.

11. cuddie

cuddie Member

I don't see much of a difference there. Black and white things also rely on subjective interpretation in order to blow the whistle. Upon further review, you can see that his feet were in-bounds, the shot clock expired, etc. and the call is reversed.

So when a referee calls a blocking foul, you can use replay to determine whether or not the defender's feet were planted outside the circle. You can review if there was actually contact on a play that was called foul. I can't find the video right now, but I remember a foul being called on a Dirk Nowitzki jump shot by Ryan Bowen when there was absolutely no contact made. Those calls should be reversed with replay.

A challenge system similar to the one in the NFL should be implemented.

12. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Oh so you were the ref that decided to review it, HUH!?!?!?! Get him boys!!!!!!!!! :mad:

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think it's total bullshet that they didn't review that 8 second call at the end

the shot clock was at 16 you b**** ass refs

14. cuddie

cuddie Member

That is not the point of this thread, I don't know how you people continue to see it as such.

The correct call was made. I'm not disputing the -5 points we received. I'm simply saying that if we can review and reverse questionable shots, we should be able to review and reverse questionable calls. I said it in the OP, I clarified it in response to DD and here I am repeating myself for the third time.

Jesus, people. Read the post.

15. ILoveTheRockets

9 1/2 seconds is the new 8 second rule.

It reads 8 second violation, but we all know it's really 9 1/2 seconds they allow... utter BS and one of the worst officiated games I ever seen in my life. UNACCEPTABLE!

16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Game 6 1998 Nba finals - The infamous jordan shot over bryron russel.

What people don't remember. Shandon Anderson hits a three in the fourth quarter thats waved off. the refs signaled a shot clock violation, but did they review it? NO of course not, and after NBC looked at it again the shot should of counted.

Bulls win 87-86 and Jordan ends his legacy with 6 Titles

series should of went 7 games if the NBA had officials that reviewed plays.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

i didnt notice that but it doesnt surprise me. gotta love houston sports

18. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

the problem is that ish is playing like a undrafted rookie and adelman played Lowry all the second half, when derrick rose exploded lowry was already gassed.... rose killed us....

even though we stepped up our d in the end, the 18-0 run at the beginning of the quarter is the reason we lost....

19. rocketsmetalspd

Now this is what RA should be reading. I don't understand his thinking but he needs to realize he does have players that need to learn instead sitting and not being able to contribute. I hope tomorrow Ish and Hill play more minutes.

20. cuddie

cuddie Member

People, THIS IS NOT THE POST-GAME ANALYSIS THREAD