1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So whose our starting pf?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 20, 2013.

1. AbrahamLincoln

I am confused as well. We have Robinson,DMO,Jones, and then Royce in d league. Parsons can play the 4 and smith can play the 4. If we stick to our small ball philosophy we still have probably 1 too many PF's.

As much as a lot of people would be unhappy about it, there is always the chance we may search another deal for Jones.

2. jogo

jogo Member

We can't start Parsons, Delfino, Robinson, Dmo, or TJones at PF if we want to make the playoffs. Some are too short, others are too inexperienced. I think we've got a trade for a starting PF tomorrow but I don't know who it will be.

3. AbrahamLincoln

Feignen just said on twitter that there is something being talked about but is not close. Ive never embedded anything but ill give it a shot below.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Keeping him. Another possible but nothing close yet. (Again.)MT @<a href="https://twitter.com/stanfordkp">stanfordkp</a>: So we gonna keep him? rumors floating another deal is coming.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/304463778009980928">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Thomas Robinson for sure.

5. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

He only played 5 minutes, in the most important NBA minutes he has had. You have to give him a chance to get in the flow. He did have a nice post up move.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

As of right now. Most likely DMo. If he doesn't started be getting close to 20-25 min per game. I Think the rockets are higher on DMo than Jones, white... Moving on, and Robinson is new. A Lot more small ball if none of these guys get to start.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Robinsons not going to the dleague.

I'd say Dmo will start for now, but I expect Trob to take it eventually

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'd say probably spot-start Greg Smith for a few games if no moves for another power forward are made. Everyone keeps saying D-Mo, but let's face it we know the Rockets and realistically they are not going to suddenly put one of the last men off the bench into the starting rotation this early.

9. Arthurprescott2

Probably D-Mo? He might start. But McHale will definitely depend on small-ball line-up significantly (Delfino at 3, Parsons at 4) as he did tonight. Highly doubt T-Rob will start.

10. AbrahamLincoln

Yea I agree completely with this. I can't help but think whatever happens with the next move will probably be Jones or Dmo. Hopefully we keep Smith just for the sake of continuity.

11. Beard

Beard Member

Had to go small with durant at the 4 this game, next game vs the nets im sure (or I hope) Dmo gets some mo mins

12. roxxy

roxxy Member

It is going to be PF by committee. Depends on match ups. A lot of small ball with Parsons at 4. But D-mo or Jones will see playing time. Trobb may get a little as he gets more comfortable with the sets down the road. But I think D-mo will see a lot of time.

13. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Parsons for now until Robinson learns the offense, but Robinson will be the starter 8 games in or so.

14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rockets made move for Robinson's potential, but felt more comfortable because were ready to start playing Motiejunas and to play Smith more.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/304462817145257985">February 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>