1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who's left and who can we get with our remaining midlevel?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Jul 1, 2019.

1. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I think we should be looking at one thing and one thing only
    A long Sf/Pf, we play small.. to get away with it we had two amazing defenders (in 17-18) that were super long that could shoot and defend a larger position than them.

1A - JmGreen. If we strike out I'd seriously take Lmbam roll the dice for vet minimum, or Dudley (his heart makes up for his lack of athleticism and we need to take what we can get to fill our weaknesses).

Looney in my opinion would be great if we lost capela, but having him doesn't fix the hole at PF (at least thats what I think)

We signed House (all offense - defense is work in progress - not a long/rebounder for his height) so we need the complementary piece which would be a great long rebounder/defender at that position. I think that would make us extremely versatile and we could match up with any team in the league and we won't be running our players into the ground trying to ask guards to rebound over Iggy/Looney/Draymond/KD.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. vick

vick Member

Warriors found a way to sign an all star, without having cap space. They will trade him at some point to a desperate team like Houston.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For 2 1st round picks, Iguodala, Looney, Cousins, and now hard capped, for a backup PG that is not guaranteed to have suitors at that price.

Warriors had an absolutely dreadful offseason.

4. Nook

Nook Member

There are a lot of potential fits left that would make the Rockets rotation.

Wilson Chandler
    Marcus Morris
    JaMychal Green
    Kentavious- Pope
    Holiday
    Hollis- Jefferson
    Holmes
    Amir Johnson
    Looney
    Matthews
    McGee
    Darius Miller

5. vick

vick Member

Yes the Warriors suck. They have been to 5 finals in a row. Rockets can only dream they could suck that bad.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

McConnell and the Greens would be my top targets. Probably Richaun Holmes as backup C too. I'd be legitimately excited about adding any of those guys as a high upside minimum / partial MLE.

whiskeyred and steddinotayto like this.
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Varying level of interest in these guys.

8. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Best players still available as of July 1st at 2:30 EST

G

Danny Green

Iman Shumpert

Wes Mathews

Caruso

Justin Holiday

Quinn Cook

F

Kawhi Leonard

Sefolosha

Marcus Morris

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson

JaMychal Green

Maxi Kleber

C

JaVale McGee

O’Quinn

Vonleh

Mejri

Pau Gasol

Ekpe Udoh

JuNx likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

No doubt.

I made the list as long as possible for players that can help the Rockets, the point being that the Rockets should be able to get at least one of these players, if not more. Some of them are going to go for the minimum.

Matt78777, whiskeyred and justtxyank like this.
  10. lionaire

lionaire Member

Need wing help and a backup big man. I love our guard rotation. We're set in that department and imo it's the best in the league. I don't mind the three guard lineup but it's obvious it has some major downsides. Having House for a full season could somewhat solve that issue. Now we need to focus on lessening PJ's workload and keeping him fresh for the playoffs.

roslolian likes this.
  11. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

I think Marcus Morris fits really well, good rebounder excellent shooter, can produce his own offense even on the bench.
    Will be great with CP3 creating shots for him on the pick and roll

There's really no way we sign him right? Sigh.... One can dream

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We need bigs that can mix up small ball and an Ass Coach who can put in a gameplan for it to work for 11 minutes at least 14 times in the off season.

roslolian likes this.
  13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Would like any of the following:

G: Green, Caruso, Mathews, Holiday, Cook
    F: Sefolosha, Rondae, Green, Maxi K
    C: McGee, KOQ, Vonleh

Let's see if we get any

16. psingh34

psingh34 Member

he didn't say the warriors suck, he said they had a bad offseason (you know the thing that occurred after their 5 finals in a row)

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

their offseason was already bad to begin with. not having kd or klay. they weren't going to win next year. but getting a young all star like russell who no one saw coming, isn't exactly that bad

Zoplicone likes this.
  18. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Gotta get some active length around the paint. Ja Green, R Holmes, McGee all would help, Then get Morris twin, Sefalosha, Wes M, on wings that can shoot and play tough D. Those seem like cheap options that fill holes we have and we would be solid. Sometimes you don't have to get a all-star to become better.

steddinotayto and bulkatron like this.
  19. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Another option is to play D House and Gary Clark all year (you know develop your players), hopefully one develops defense and the other offense.
    Try to get another big like Looney to have 48 minutes of lob offense and interior defense

The more I think rationally I think maybe Morey is headed in this direction, its cheaper and if it pans out much better to develop your own players (after all we are paying Clark), and we add another weakness which was a true shotblocking interior presence.

Ok my fickle mind has been changed! All in on Looney (or McGee)! We got our lineup lets go!

#119 palmsnbananas, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Gray_Jay and steddinotayto like this.
  20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Can someone answer this directly?
    What money do we have to offer? Is it a $5.7 MLE? And how much is the BAE? Isn’t that the same as a minimum contract for a veteran, which we should be able to hand out anyway?