1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So who's left and who can we get with our remaining midlevel?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Jul 1, 2019.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I've seen him play. He's not quite Luc. Luc could attack a close out. Green is not quite as good on the attack although he's a decent shooter. And I think Luc was better defensively on the wings. He was more intelligent defensively. Green reminds me more of Ennis in that regard. Yeah, he can defend physically but not that smart.

He'd be a fine addition, though.

D-rock likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I've also followed him a bit and i disagree a ton but at least we both can see he would be a good addition. which is really the only thing that matters

3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

There are a number of unrestricted free agents still available that I think the Rockets might be interested in.

Unrestricted Free Agents
    Centers
    Power Forwards
    Small Forwards
    Shooting Guards

carib, Matt78777, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Maybe not all of these guys but some of them.

5. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

jamychal green if we can for what is left with mle.
    if not, try to get vet mins for any one of jeff green, luc, vonleh, wilson chandler, jared dudley, stanley johnson,ben mclemore

carib, Tristan_fiore and roslolian like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

In the end Morey will sign Jabari Parker, and I will die laughing.

joshuaao and thedreamsteam like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

J. Green should be first on the list if Rox can afford him.

ilias, mikol13 and Tristan_fiore like this.
  8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

In order to compete with Utah, we need to sign Zeller, Dekker, Dudley, and Jimmer.

9. basketballholic

J. Green probably going to go for more than $2.1 million.

Sam Dekker is available and I think he'd probably be gettable for that price. And he may even agree to a 3 or 4 year deal. I think he's significantly underrated. And he's a good fit at the 4/5 in our small ball lineups. Here's his best game. You can see he's playing the 4/5 all these minutes. I think he'd be a great fit in our scheme now. I think he's actually a lot like Luc.

xtruroyaltyx and malakas like this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That 2014 draft really was a piece of work, especially the top 10.

Wiggins
    Parker
    Embiid
    Gordon
    Exum
    Smart
    Randle
    Stauskas
    Vonleh
    Payton

malakas likes this.
  11. basketballholic

Here's one more guy that I think would be worth splurging $2.1 million balance of the taxpayer MLE on.

Anthony Bennett. Yes big bust. But....he's turned it around. He's become a phenomenal 3-point shooter. You can see he's put his game together. This is a legit NBA player and now he's got a lot of positive upside in a low salary contract. If we could nail him down for 3 years to get his Birds rights I think this would be great value.

I actually prefer Bennett to Jay Green right now. I think he's way quicker and a better shooter and stronger.

Asian Sensation and RocketsMAN! like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, it's kinda hard to compare them in the first place cause Luc is a 3 and Green is a 4, it's like comparing Ariza and Favors.

13. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Vivi likes this.
  14. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Kenneth Faried please

Fulgore likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Diallo could be another interesting option if we want to have more depth at center, he's still pretty young.

Was just wondering thought, are we forced to use the MLE to sign Ponds? @BimaThug

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm surprised to find that Marcus Morris is still available. He can probably be had for the MLE (unless Kawhi doesn't go to LA and the Lakers swoop in).

I'd love Morris, Green and Cousins.

ilias, thedreamsteam and Rudyc281 like this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I 100% remember that the draft was regarded as deep and great. Potential hall of famers everywhere.

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

If we are lucky we can get one of these guys.

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone interested in Greg Monroe as a NeNe replacement? Vet minimum guy that still produces when he gets minutes. Maybe as a third center? A dinosaur as far as his play style, but he can still bang and score around the basket.
    Morey must have something decent planned. Back up bigs are dwindling fast. I expect a that a decent signing(solid rotation player) will be announced soon.

20. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I think there is a small group of free agents, including Marcus Morris, Danny Green, maybe KCP and JaMychal Green, that are thinking once Kawhi makes his decision there will be cap room left for them to sign a decent deal with whoever didn't get Kawhi, among Clippers, Lakers, and indirectly Mavs leftover cap room. Danny Green says he's waiting on Kawhi and will follow him to Toronto if he returns, but I almost see him having a change of heart if that happens because the Lakers and Mavs will offer him outrageous salaries.

pippendagimp likes this.