1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So..which Rox players won't be here next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXRAN, Mar 2, 2001.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

My guess is Mo will go. Bullard (I wish Collier also). and Carlos Rogers - even though I like his play. Additions to hopefully include Webber. ..I want your pyschodelic-freak out predictions on who will be shown the door.

------------------
    Sometimes you gotta do the next best thing!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Psychodelic Dreams freak me out.

Dream won't take the minimum, and we have no other way to pay him more and pay two out of three of Webber, Mo, Shandon. I believe it is mathematically impossible.

3. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Is it just me, or are there way too many threads about what may happen next year, and not enough threads about what is happening this year?

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

4. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

It's just u Behad.

HeyP, do u know if the Rockets could keep this team intact? I think so, but i haven't checked the #s.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't happen, but it would be nice if the Rockets at least had the ability to keep Mo, Hakeem, and shandy.

------------------
    snap crackle pop

5. Behad

Thanks for clearing that up. Carry on.

But while you're at it, can you tell me which players I'm gonna draft for my youth team next year? I realize the championship tournament is this weekend, but I'm more interested in next year.

Oh, and since we're predicting the future, how about some stock market tips and a look at next year's fall television lineup?

[​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

6. ROXRAN

Draft: Billy Joe, Curly Sue, and Mary Jane..they should pan out well.
    Stock market tips: Go heavy in technologies, I know they haven't shown good performance like expected, but they should for next five years. try to avoid any international based funds - the bottom will get deeper.
    Next year's fall lineup will stink - stay with the Rockets.

------------------

7. ROXRAN

To satisfy Behad's curiosity of what is happening NOW, here is the scoop: Steve Francis is playing Playstation 2, Cuttino is sitting on the toilet taking a crap, Jason is, O gosh, Ha-ha, well you don't want to know what Jason is doing right now! [​IMG] ...Uh let's see, Rudy is studying some footage while drinking something..Can't quite see what the beverage is..and Moochie is at his favorite barber shop.
    I know I didn't see all the Rockets, but i hope I quenched Behad's curiosity of what is happening right now [​IMG]

------------------

8. Behad

You forgot Webber! What is Webber doing right now?

(It's been three posts since I saw a Webber reference, so I had to say something.)

[​IMG]

------------------
    Behad

9. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

Behad: Visitors to this site come with different mentalities. Some are players, some are coaches, and some are GMs.

Can't we all just get along...

------------------
    Time is a great teacher-- only problem is it kills all its pupils.
    PowerbizOnline.com

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I think Colson will be gone.

11. TheBlum

TheBlum Member

I wish Cato would go. He should realize that he doesn't have a hint of basketball talent, nor a desire to better himself. He justs waddles around the court with his hands on his hips and his pants halfway down his ass, and never even participates. His missed dunk will be his only highlight of the season. I cannot remember a Rocket with less talent, or desire to improve. If I were Hakeem and Steve and Cuttino, I would give him another million just to say he's hurt for the rest of the season so Rudy doesn't have to play him. He actually detracts from the team when he's in the game.

------------------

12. Behad

Chill, Rich, I put a smilie in there. You'll know when I'm really pissed.

As I've stated before, I'm a Rocket basketball fan. If they bring in Joe Klein I'll still be cheering. It's the basketball I like first, the players second.

(Look>>>> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]......these mean I'm just joking around.)

------------------
    Behad

13. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

If we are lucky we will unload the Quitten baggage (Walt and Cato). I have nothing against Los but I dont think he will be here either.

------------------
    "Stop your grinnin' and
    drop your linen"
    -Hudson

14. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

In answer to the thread's question ... ah you know, the subject matter .... ah, mmmm ... the point of posting on this particular thread .....

1. Cato: He is as good as gone, the only thing that kept here as long as he did ... was the fact that he was injured and that deflated the market for him. I hope he has a helluva season-ending rally. Up you market value, chump. You're otta here!

2. Walt: Last year we were told he didn't find his "rythmn" until late in the season. had difficulty "finding his role". He started with a flourish this season because he "finally felt comfortable". But WizBang didn't have me fooled. Now, its "not getting my opportunties, because the team is focusing on who is hot (Mo, Mobes)". Uh huh. Right. Bye, bye. See'ya. Don't let that perfect opportunity to play a consistent game hit you in that lame ass of yours on the way out.

3. Mooch; Unless they get some bucks on the table for him. I have heard some grumblings that although he wants to stay ("no question, this is where I want to be"), the Rockets are worried that they won't be able to get the $$$ to do that. Especially if they go after and /or retain all the higher profile players that keep popping up. I hope he gets his $2.5-$3.5M/year in a multi year deal.

------------------

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And some are scouts who simply like to watch players and coaches to figure out what is happening NOW. [​IMG]

16. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Anderson,Taylor,Bullard,Williams,Rogers,
    Collier.

------------------
    President of the Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford,Larry Hughes, and Charles Woodson fan club.

17. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

... so you're saying there's a chance.

YES!!

[​IMG]

------------------
    snap crackle pop

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And how do you propose we do this...at gunpoint? [​IMG]

My guesses are Thomas, Williams, Bullard, Dream.

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

19. cson

cson Contributing Member

Cato,Carlos,Colson and Collier....GONE!
    Ba-leeb it! [​IMG]

------------------
    C-son

20. ROXRAN

seriously lol! [​IMG]

------------------